CRYE multicam pattern official issue?

marentius

Hi everybody,as far as I know this pattern is not official issue,although I see a lot of positive opinions surrounding these items(maybe just good old workinga dvertising?).

Any information on this subject will be appreciated,for example if this pattern is used by any SF or similar group or it is just privately purchased by some soldiers.Is any kind of official evaluation and or test going on by the Army?.

Crye Multicam (Scorpion as it was known at the time) was originally tested as part of the US Army's Future Warrior Program/ Future Combat System in 2001. It was tested against a camo known as "Urban track" which more or less can be described as an unpixilated upscaled version of ACU. The tests ended with the US Army officially adopting ACU on 3rd Nov 2004.

It is also been seen supposedly used by Delta SF operators in Afghanistan.

SoldierMultiCam.jpg

The security company Blackwater has also been noted using it in Iraq.

Here are some pics from a more recent official US Army test program. IIRC PEO Soldier. Taken at Donna Ana urban village exercise area, North West of McGregor Range.

armymil20070202091945yr7.jpg

armymil20070202091958fr6.jpg

More recent tests

061101-F-6890S-011.jpg

Army Spc. Chad Tobin (left) and Staff Sgt. Stephan Simmins participate in an On-The-Move training exercise in June at Fort Dix, N. J. The exercise featured Air Force technology applied to support the Army?s Future Force Warrior concept, including a goggle-mounted display, a hand-held mouse that activates push-to-talk personal computer voice command software, a backpack personal computer and power system, and rifle-mounted laser range finder. (Courtesy photo/David Darkow)

An USAF CCT with Multicam.

scannedphotos029rr2.jpg

Here is my take on a badged Delta Multicam shirt. Note this is a fantasy piece put together by myself during a a slow collecting week.

uniforms004-2.jpg

uniforms005-2.jpg

Hi guys

I have seen many camouflage uniforms in my day and I think this stuff ROCKS!!!!

Yes it is UGLY as sin but it works.

I cannot wait to see what comes along next!

This is a true Camouflage Pattern.

Full stop.

In my humble opinion.

Well done to the designers............

Bravo .

• 6 months later...
Hi guys

I have seen many camouflage uniforms in my day and I think this stuff ROCKS!!!!

Yes it is UGLY as sin but it works.

I cannot wait to see what comes along next!

This is a true Camouflage Pattern.

Full stop.

In my humble opinion.

Well done to the designers............

Bravo .

I keep hearing Multicam will become the SOF issue uniform and I'm sure the Regular Army will fall in right behind

When this was trialed for the ACU/CCU testing multicam was #1 in all tests, However it was rejected. It was rejected because Crye wanted to supply the US Army with a whole new body amour rather than a vest cover for the current issue interceptors. So as you can imagine the costs + US Army were at war ,so replacing the whole body amour was sadly out of the question.

Multicam now 99% worn by Airsofters and wannabe commando's outside of the military.

However it is on issue to UKSF thumbsup.gif

sas_multicam.JPG

SAS_multicam_2.JPG

Multicam now 99% worn by Airsofters and wannabe commando's outside of the military.

Which is exactly why the military, or I should say, big Army will never adopt it. Marines are completely satisfied with their MARPAT, and the AF isn't going to adopt it either. Navy is just coming out with their own digital.

What I would make a bet on is changing the ACU colors to match those of the Crye. That would happen long before they went back to Crye and admited a mistake.

Funny how we have come full circle back to the Khaki and brownish OD of WWII.