Can anyone help ID the Numbered patches in the Pictures

coli8344

FFL? Nice! I don't mean to go too far off topic, but I'm curious about something for future reference. Do you know if those are rank chevrons above the number on the diamond shaped patches?

According to "Uniforms of the French Foreign Legion" the Legion had green numbers and green piping on their collar patches. So your patches are probably regular army, but what branch I don't know. The shape indicates post-1933. The chevrons are just decoration, that probably shows something similar to branch of service. At this time the French wore rank chevrons on the arm, point up, similar in size and position to US and UK chevrons. By WWII they were back to using diagonal slashes on the forearm.

Hey, I gratefully appreciate any information. I usually only focus on Strategic Air Command items but for some reason this seemed to catch my interest. Thanks everyone for your help.

I was able to find these two pictures showing a similar insignia on a uniform. Both are wearing them on the collar. The colors are different though.

post-152401-0-69975100-1397365209.jpg