USMC First Aid Pouches -- Original or Replica?

Steve1987

When I discovered, (through this posting) that the above two pouches were fakes, I listed them on ebay as Reproductions and sold both of them.

They were sold to a collector in Europe. I also sold him two more that were also made with Carr snaps.

My point is: Buyer beware! Don't make the same mistake I made. These things look good, but upon careful examination, they are fake.

None of them had Carr stamped snaps on the backs of the inside male snaps.

Clearly, the near mint Type III pouch ( that I purchased for $900.) has both Carr marked Male snaps, and a design much more similar to the

Type II's.

• 2 years later...

Sold on ebay....Do the fakes have any type of marking on the male side of the snaps that say RAU FASTENER CO. PROV. RI? or should they say something else? Not sure that RAU was ever used on the FAP so wondering if it's a fake.

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

m1a2u2: That one that just sold on e-bay is not one I would be comfortable with, probably done by the same faker as most of the others.

Thanks for bumping the thread. My collection of DQP bandage pouches has grown a lot over the last couple years, I will try to post more photos soon with all the different markings you may encounter inside of them.

Unfortunately the resident expert on these Terry 'Bagman' has passed away. He was the one who helped me make this, and deserves the credit of being the first one who discovered and busted the fakes.

Regards,

-Steve

As promised, here is a short update to the thread with some of my all time favourites and best finds. A few of these once belonged to Bagman. Some of my pouches came with bandages in them, some I added the correct Navy bandages for display.

36217034184_acee906803_b.jpg

36881154652_855c167eeb_b.jpg

And I never got around to another thread, but here's some original shovel covers for reference as well.

36881154532_15bff1c456_b.jpg

36881154392_1940992cac_b.jpg

36881154242_b915210bf1_b.jpg

These ones I'm confident are all untouched original USMC items, unlike some of the junk being passed off as original on e-bay.

Regards,

-Steve

• 4 years later...
  • 1 year later...
punched primer

Here is another of the early 1990s repro first aid pouches

No markings on the snaps, seller knew this and still sold it..

Named to R.B.MOZDRZEC ?

Screenshot_20240119_061240_eBay.jpg

Screenshot_20240119_061234_eBay.jpg

Screenshot_20240119_061249_eBay.jpg

Screenshot_20240119_061224_eBay.jpg

jayhawkhenry

Absolutely wonderful.  I know nothing about USMC gear, as I don't really collect it.   I thought they just used left over WWI pouches, didn't know some were depot made.