USMC First Aid Pouches -- Original or Replica?

Steve1987

Robin,

I measured the Garand grenade sight pouch I have and it's 2 1/2" X 6" in the drawing they call out 3" X 5" (pouch) then I measured one of the M1910 pouch and it measures the 3" X 5" measure yours!

Craig

post-7997-0-56074200-1413344775.jpg

Who said anything about the grenade launcher sight pouch? That 2 button fabric envelope that I show is the BAR accessory that you show out of the BAR manual.

• 4 weeks later...

By the way, I just purchased one of the repro M-1911 USMC modified pouches by ATF, and it's pretty darn good...I like the touch of the "obsolete" eyelets on the back of the pouch. The only "flaw" is that the snaps are modern or at least WWII style snaps (and it's not really a flaw, they just don't quite look right but might once they get some wear and tear).

https://www.atthefrontshop.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=USGFAMP

• 4 months later...

Hi guys,

I feel this is an good time to bump my old thread.

Lately these pouches have been setting new records and watching some auctions I have been seeing new record prices.

This year at SoS I saw the first fake 'type I' pouch I've encountered. It was well constructed but had the same button issue as the fake 'type III' pouches that have been all over e-bay and shows. I have not had the chance to photograph the fake 'type I' yet but thought I'd throw a warning that they are now out there.

I saw a Reising jump scabbard and many other fake DQP and 'rigger made' items surface lately as well.

Does anyone else have anything to report? I'd like to eventually do a full photo report of all the fakes but would need help with it as not all are at my disposal.

Regards,

-Steve

I just witnessed one of these things sell for $890 on ebay :blink:

Definitely a record. A similar marked DQP pouch sold with USMC belt for about half that price a few days earlier.

It was not me who bought either, although both appeared likely to be original. I have some slight reservations but I think an in hand look would be the only way to know for sure.

I noticed one fellow is selling some of the fake pouches on there currently but makes it very clear that they are reproductions.

Regards,

-Steve

I saw the belt/pouch combination on eBay too. Whoever got it paid one heck of a cheap price....I feel bad for the person that lost it.

Obviously they are getting more rare and fakes are becoming more common, and they are getting closer to home.

I found a minty 1st pattern in an antique shop, but have also seen a fake pouch in an antique shop and a rigger shovel cover at a gun show, both being unquestionably fake.

The fact that they are showing up in places not only on websites is pretty frightening, but any others that I come across I will surely document.

I saw the belt/pouch combination on eBay too. Whoever got it paid one heck of a cheap price....I feel bad for the person that lost it.

I wouldn't say it was a cheap price in my opinion.

I think the belt/pouch combo was about market value. The going rate is typically $250-$350 for these pouches and about $100-$150 for a USMC marked belt. I bid on it myself but was outbid on that one.

The pouch that sold for $900 is not anywhere near the normal price nor should it be used reflect market value. It's a record and I doubt an identical pouch would bring that much if listed tomorrow. I had bid on it as well but ultimately someone else really wanted it and I'm sure the seller is very happy to set a record like that. There's an original example on e-bay now for BIN $310 but it does not have the DQP stamp and is in combat worn condition. The pouch that sold with the belt also had the DQP stamp.

Regards,

-Steve

Schnicklfritz

I just witnessed one of these things sell for $890 on ebay :blink:

I was one of the bidders on that. I have seen the repros of them, there are a couple of them up now. I looked at originals and am about 98% sure that this one is a good example of a Depot made pouch. It was the last piece I was looking for to complete my early WW2 Depot 782 gear set up. I wasn't going to be around when the auction ended, so I put what I thought was an insane crazy bid in... yeaaah, I wasn't but half way there.... :wacko: .... but I would bet that you'll start seeing them pop up on Ebay now.

I wouldn't say it was a cheap price in my opinion.

I think the belt/pouch combo was about market value. The going rate is typically $250-$350 for these pouches and about $100-$150 for a USMC marked belt. I bid on it myself but was outbid on that one.

The pouch that sold for $900 is not anywhere near the normal price nor should it be used reflect market value. It's a record and I doubt an identical pouch would bring that much if listed tomorrow. I had bid on it as well but ultimately someone else really wanted it and I'm sure the seller is very happy to set a record like that. There's an original example on e-bay now for BIN $310 but it does not have the DQP stamp and is in combat worn condition. The pouch that sold with the belt also had the DQP stamp.

Regards,

-Steve

I see. I was mostly going off of what I've seen go for matched items like so, which is usually crazy high. :blink:

• 2 weeks later...

Here's pics of the $900. pouch. I post them for reference as I too was fornicated by the repro artist.

Front:

post-6837-0-62705200-1428515677.jpg