Picture Size?

Use PhotoScape. There is a posting by hardhead dated April 1, 2014, titled "Tutorial for Croping and Resizing with Free Photoscape." It on Page two under this subject. The instructions are very detailed. It's easy to use. Good Luck!!

I think part of the confusion about photo size is that you do not need to make it 1"x1" to fit. The forum's upload limit is not strictly related to the display dimensions, but to the size of the file on your hard drive. The larger the image the more memory the file will take up. But if you have a photo editing program that allows you to compress the photo (reducing the quality slightly) you can still post a photo that will nearly fill the screen.

RC

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts."

*Sherlock Holmes in "A Scandal in Bohemia"*

donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gif
donation2016.gifdonation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

Picture "sizing" is just a matter of resolution...you need to save your pictures at LOW resolution for most general views like of a uniform. For example..the picture I took of the canteens I posted yesterday - the original resolution is saved as "Maximum" by default..which means each picture is about 1.2 to 1.5MB in size...however, I save the picture at low resolution and the file size drops to about 260K...THEN you can reduce the size to 50 - 60% and it will drop below 150K. The picture can be posted and it will still be a good size. Once you get a feel for the resolution VS size relationship, you can resize pictures pretty fast...

Mark sends

Mark Conrad, MSgt, USAF (Ret)

"Poor is the nation that has no Heroes...shameful is the one having them that forgets."

The Miami Valley Military History Museum: http://www.mvmhm.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Miami-Valley-Military-History-Museum/111268115594349
Official Partner of the United States of America Vietnam War Commemoration: www.vietnamwar50th.com
Official Partner of the United States of America World War I Centennial: www.worldwar1centennial.org

donation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

donation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

Hey, I just got word from the Administrators that there will be an increase in the photo size we will be able to post. Any further news as to max KBs, etc.??

Support our troops...abandoning the War on Terror is not an affordable luxury.

I'm so old, I still call W.W.II U.S. militaria "war surplus".

God's blessings in the Name of our Lord Jesus- Jim Robertson

I believe the new setting is 250kb which is a large increase from the past limit. We might further tweak that in the coming weeks/months depending on how it is working.

RC

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts."

donation2016.gifdonation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

When does the new size limit begin? I received an Email concerning this the other day but still can't post larger than 150k

I posted a 238k photo earlier today with no problem

"There is no such thing as an expert, only students with different levels of education."
donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gif
donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif
donation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

When does the new size limit begin? I received an Email concerning this the other day but still can't post larger than 150k

It started last night. All members should be able to upload images that are no larger than 250kb.

It started last night. All members should be able to upload images that are no larger than 250kb.

Awesome!Thanks!

High Flight

Oh, I have slipped the surly bonds of earth

And danced the skies on laughter-silver wings;

Sunward I've climbed and joined the tumbling mirth

Of sun-split clouds - and done a hundred things

You have not dreamed of - wheeled and soared and swung

High in the sunlit silence. Hovering there

I've chased the shouting wind along and flung

My eager craft through footless halls of air.

Up, up the long delirious, burning blue

I've topped the wind-swept heights with easy grace,

where never lark, or even eagle flew;

and while, with silent, lifting mind I've trod

The high untrespassed sanctity of space,

Put out my hand, and touched the face of God.

John Gillespie Magee, Jr.

June 9, 1922 – December 11, 1941

" And each man stands with his face in the light of his own drawn sword. Ready to do what a hero can." - Elizabeth Barrett Browning

Don't let the B@stards wear you down -"Vinegar" Joe Stillwell

Reasonable people adapt themselves to the world.Unreasonable

people attempt to adapt the world to themselves.All progress,

therefore, depends on unreasonable people.

George Bernard Shaw

" Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining" , Fletcher,from the movie "The outlaw Josey Wales"