Who bought: Group Lot of US Naval Aviator Capt Robert Klosterman Memorabilia

Rob van Lijf

Rob van Lijf

Dear Members,

I hope you can help me! I would like to come in contact with the person who bought the Group Lot of US Naval Aviator Capt Robert Klosterman Memorabilia on proxibid.

https://www.proxibid.com/asp/LotDetail.asp?ahid=3140&aid=75538&lid=18813457#topleft

(Flight Jacket, Map, Patches, Photo's).

Many thanks in advance for your reply!

Best regards,

Rob.

Rob,

Just a little insight. Any collector who would have purchased such a group would be leery of responding to your request. Forum members worry about being hounded by people who try to lay claim to items, especially something that was recently sold/purchased. Many times, one family member who wanted the veteran's personal memorabilia but it was inherited by/given to another, thereby creating a dispute situation that the purchaser is then thrust into by purchasing the item(s). This is not a situation that people enter into willingly. There are many other uncomfortable situations that would preclude a collector from voluntarily responding to a request such as yours.

I am not suggesting that this is the situation here...but don't be surprised if you don't get a response.

Your first post on the USMF is this request which means that you have not established credibility here such an open-ended inquiry appears (on the surface) to be an open door to a bad situation.

Just my $.02.

Cheers!

Rakkasan187

Rob,

Just a little insight. Any collector who would have purchased such a group would be leery of responding to your request. Forum members worry about being hounded by people who try to lay claim to items, especially something that was recently sold/purchased. Many times, one family member who wanted the veteran's personal memorabilia but it was inherited by/given to another, thereby creating a dispute situation that the purchaser is then thrust into by purchasing the item(s). This is not a situation that people enter into willingly. There are many other uncomfortable situations that would preclude a collector from voluntarily responding to a request such as yours.

I am not suggesting that this is the situation here...but don't be surprised if you don't get a response.

Your first post on the USMF is this request which means that you have not established credibility here such an open-ended inquiry appears (on the surface) to be an open door to a bad situation.

Just my $.02.

Cheers!

Well stated...

Leigh

Rob van Lijf

Dear 67Rally,

Thanks for your reply! I have no bad attention and I would like to established a good credibility. I have just started to collect (Navy stuff) and I have bought a few nice helmets. Ones again thanks for you words!

Best regards,

Rob.

There were several auctions with his stuff...and at different times. It's pretty broken up at this point. Given the history....I couldn't bring myself to bid.

Two of his flight bags sold on Ebay not that long ago.....I guess my point is that if you're looking to bring it ALL back together, you have a huge task in front of you.