A Combat Medic badge for opinions

Patchcollector

Patchcollector

Hi all,

I've had this one for awhile,just now getting around to posting it.I don't know much about these except that some very brave fellows wore them.

I picked this up because I liked the way it looked.Nice and salty.I'm no expert but this looks stamped to me.If anyone can help with a maker and time frame of manufacture,please do.

Thanks

post-13386-0-17480900-1396816364.jpg

post-13386-0-66529600-1396816379.jpg

I think it looks fine.

Just a guess but looks Japanese ? made to me.Similiar to jump wings and CIBs Ive seen fro the Korea era.

Maybe others will be able to give you a more definate answer.

firefighter

Nice looking theater made CMB.I volunteer at the local VA here and one of the guys on the floor is a former combat medic.He was in Korea with the 7th INF DIV.I was a medic in the service but peacetime.I give these guys and all combat vets a big thanks.

Patchcollector

Thanks guys.What really attracted me to this piece is that "been there" look it has.I also like the feather detail in the wings.I looked online for CMB's and I noticed most have a full wreath and mine and a few others I saw have the 3/4 wreath.Not sure if it makes any difference,just something I noticed.

As others alluded too, this is probably Japanese made, which is why the badge looks a little bit different than the US-made examples - Its a very nice piece!

Kyle

Agreed, Japanese made, as a comparison, a CIB from the CIB topic, note the back, it's just like the CMB posted here.

post-78-1243914906.jpg