USN Navigator Wings

jbassmaster18

jbassmaster18

Found these today. Never have seen a pair. Especially new in the box. Pin back, marked with hallmark and sterling. Are these rare??

photo_zps4636891f.jpg

John Cooper

I would not consider these rare but still nice to have them complete. IIRC there were two sisters who were selling off old stock from there fathers store several years back and had offer these and many other items that had never been sold.

I am sure someone else has tore detail than I can provide.

Cheers

John

RustyCanteen

The only ones I can find online have sold for $225 without a box.

I don't know the value of this particular set of wings, but in general sale prices (especially auction) should be considered a rough guide, but not taken as final. Many factors can affect final sale price, especially if several people want the same thing. John is talking about the old Harry Wosk store I believe.

RC

Very nice set of wings. John is correct that they're not rare but they're not all that common either. I know that sounds odd but it's true. This badge was not in use for very long so there aren't a ton of examples out there. H&H, Meyer and Amico are the companies that I usually see marked on these badges. Nice that yours came with the box. You can see those and some bullion examples here: http://www.ww2wings.com/wings/usnavy/usnavynavigator.shtml