Some latest EGA finds

usmcaviator

usmcaviator

Dont get to posting much. Thought you would all like to see some of my finds over the last 18 months or so. Bought a couple of collections and have a couple more outstanding EGA collections being offered. Will be posting more examples over on my website www.eagleglobeandanchor.com. Some rare stuff is really starting to materialize!

Mike

post-1315-0-89545700-1396724387.jpg

Great stuff. That clutchback BB&B, would love to see the rear. The auction photos were seriously lacking

usmcaviator

Brig,

The unmarked BB&B was a steal. It never had a post, probably some form of an economy measure. I dont know when BB&B got out of making EGAs, but I'd say this is 1943-1944 when other manufacturers were crossing over to clutchback.........yet another variation.

Mike

normaninvasion

Wow, that would take me about 10yrs if I was lucky. Looks like some crazy trenching on the clipped wing collars.

I find it odd that BB&B would go the clutchback route, esp on a cover, being a quality jeweler and all. I wonder what led them to that decision

usmcaviator

I find it odd that BB&B would go the clutchback route, esp on a cover, being a quality jeweler and all. I wonder what led them to that decision

Tim,

Here's a pic of the back. You can see, never had a post. BB&B seemed to have a lot of different attachment methods. I never understood their use of the vertical "half-pin" method of attachment either that I've found on hat and collar devices of the WW1 and 1920's era. Hats all had round eyelets by this time. I think they were figuring it out as they went along and adjusted accordingly, if when, if ever, they received feedback from those actually wearing them. I don't think clutchback is a sign of lesser quality, I attribute it as more more of a "sign of the times" or era type thing, and one of many different methods of attachment that just isn't seen very often for a hat device.

Mike

post-1315-0-19714400-1396806227.jpg

Those are some amazing EGAs. What is the one on the top row second from the left? It looks like an oversized anchor.

...Kat

French-made cover emblem, circa WWI