Unknown DUI

hirsca

Need help please. Today, we were at the estate sale of a hoarder. Came home and immediately showered. But now to the subject matter. I found this cuff link in a box of junk. Could not find its mate. Does this unit have something to do with the 32nd ID? Any info is much appreciated. Thanks, Al.

post-12790-0-53020300-1396650145.jpg

post-12790-0-58945100-1396650167.jpg

147th Field Artillery Battalion

Many thanks empireguns. I did a little research and the State of South Dakota keeps popping up. Palm tree and saguaro cactus in the insignia seems strange??? Thanks again, Al.

DUI's have symbols on them to show the history of the unit. Look up the 147th FA DUI on the US Army Institute of Heraldry web site or in Sawicki's book website to decipher the symbols on your cuff link.

DUI's have symbols on them to show the history of the unit. Look up the 147th FA DUI on the US Army Institute of Heraldry web site or in Sawicki's book website to decipher the symbols on your cuff link.

Thanks atb, I will do that. Thanks again, Al.

DUI's have symbols on them to show the history of the unit. Look up the 147th FA DUI on the US Army Institute of Heraldry web site or in Sawicki's book to decipher the symbols on your cuff link.

Correction- I don't think the Sawicki books are on a website right now.

Correction- I don't think the Sawicki books are on a website right now.

Thanks for letting me know, Al

Thanks atb, I will do that. Thanks again, Al.

And I did that and I learned the symbolism of the design. Very interesting. Thanks again, Al.