1885 Pa NG Cavalry Color Sergeant Jacket

daniel griffin

BlueBookGuy

A great and colorful jacket Daniel !!! Those dress chevrons are gorgeous... the first time I saw them here on a US-written book (pictured in a color photo) I found them to be fantastic.

Would like very much to have one day or another, something from the dress cathegory - first, still have to find out those trousers with proper Corporal stripes, to go together my Blouse :)

Compliments again - Franco.

I saw a set of chevrons like that nearly40 years ago. I asked Bill Emerson, the chevrons expert, what they were at the time, and he had never seen them. Now that we know they have been seen on a NGP uniform, we know what they were for. Thanx.

G

Sorry, Dan, that is one of the very good copies of Pennsylvania National Guard Color Sergeant's jackets that have been coming out of Pakistan.

I'm sure that news is disappointing to you, so just send the jacket to me and you won't have to look at it anymore.

Seriously, that is one of the COOLEST items that I've seen in a long, long time.

Thanks for posting it!

• 3 weeks later...

I recently had the opportunity to examine this jacket in hand.

Wow, is it ever a beauty!

I'm highly tempted to start collecting Pennsylvania Guard items, or Indian Wars period items, just to begin with this jacket, which would be a centerpiece of any such collections.

It's too cool for school!