Some Rare ISAF Patches

RedLegGI

The round ones were somewhat short lived for US Forces, worn on the right sleeve of ACUs in place of a combat patch ( but not meant to be a "combat patch"). I believe the time frame for this was about '06-'07, maybe even earlier. Replaced by the more common rectangle "ISAF" patch, usually on ACU or later multicam material.

I believe this style was also worn by other NATO ISAF participating nations.

-Vance

The round ones were somewhat short lived for US Forces, worn on the right sleeve of ACUs in place of a combat patch ( but not meant to be a "combat patch"). I believe the time frame for this was about '06-'07, maybe even earlier. Replaced by the more common rectangle "ISAF" patch, usually on ACU or later multicam material.

I believe this style was also worn by other NATO ISAF participating nations.

-Vance

From what I've found it seems that these were around in about '05. Finding pics of these being worn is pretty tough, but they're out there. Thanks man!

manayunkman

This is a field I know practically nothing so I love to glean knowledge about it.

What does ISAF stand for ?

This is a field I know practically nothing so I love to glean knowledge about it.

What does ISAF stand for ?

It stands for International Security Assistance Force

http://www.isaf.nato.int/

Basically an agreement to help A-stan :D

I just saw this post. I can add a little more information. The round patches are now exclusively for the non-US NATO forces. Some wear the old Kelly Green round one, but many have the tan ones like above. The NATO-ITAN patch is the partner to this. I would post a picture of a two sleeve set, but I just mailed them home yesterday.

I just saw this post. I can add a little more information. The round patches are now exclusively for the non-US NATO forces. Some wear the old Kelly Green round one, but many have the tan ones like above. The NATO-ITAN patch is the partner to this. I would post a picture of a two sleeve set, but I just mailed them home yesterday.

Do you happen to know if the materials are similar between the older US versions and the ones the other nations are currently wearing?

Thanks hawk! ;)

I will be going to the other side of the base after I come off ready-up this morning, I will get you a picture. I believe that the Haji shop ones are all made in Pakistan and shipped in. There are very few true theater made patches anymore, mostly Paki imports.

Here is a picture I took at the Italian camp a month ago, sorry for the quality, but you get the gist.

35ip3z6.jpg

I will be going to the other side of the base after I come off ready-up this morning, I will get you a picture. I believe that the Haji shop ones are all made in Pakistan and shipped in. There are very few true theater made patches anymore, mostly Paki imports.

Here is a picture I took at the Italian camp a month ago, sorry for the quality, but you get the gist.

35ip3z6.jpg

Sweet man, looking forward to it :D

Here are two more unusual ISAF patches. The top one has a gray "Punisher" skull in the back ground, bought by me at the Bagram bazaar in March 2010. The other one is a very early multicam theater made example, picked up by me at FOB Salerno in mid to late 2009.

post-781-0-28573900-1396471294.jpg

Here are two more unusual ISAF patches. The top one has a gray "Punisher" skull in the back ground, bought by me at the Bagram bazaar in March 2010. The other one is a very early multicam theater made example, picked up by me at FOB Salerno in mid to late 2009.

Very nice patches, hadn't seen the skull variation before. It seems that silver boarders on ACU ISAF patches are pretty indicative of theater. I think its surprising how much theater stuff is on ebay and sellers have no idea at all.

Well, unfortunately, none of the stores here have any of the round ISAF patches. The OTAN are here in small quantities, but the Italians are slowly leaving this place, so I expect those to dry up soon.

Here are some patches I picked up recently for a friend. The Don't Tread on Me patches are becoming popular with the civilian contractors and the Air Force.

6du6wj.jpg

These are from a local patch shop that displays them on the wall instead of in a case. Careful, some these may offend the delicate ones of you out there.

2e4klxu.jpg

144crd1.jpg

j6oeqa.jpg

x3sfpw.jpg

Spathologist

The Don't Tread on Me patches are becoming popular with the civilian contractors and the Air Force.

They were part of the Navy uniform when I was there 2011-2012.

You just passing through Herat?

They were part of the Navy uniform when I was there 2011-2012.

You just passing through Herat?

We have a Medevac platoon up there. We do log runs up that always seem to have a three hour delay.

That was the thing that turned me off to theater made patches. When I was at Al Udied, the patch shop made whatever you wanted and that made me question just how authentic any theater made patch is. They could make 101st Infidel patches all day and none were made for their intended use. I don't collect them as a result.

-Ski

That was the thing that turned me off to theater made patches. When I was at Al Udied, the patch shop made whatever you wanted and that made me question just how authentic any theater made patch is. They could make 101st Infidel patches all day and none were made for their intended use. I don't collect them as a result.

-Ski

I think you'll run in to that no matter the era. I bet a lot of the rare patches sat in someones shoebox, unused for whatever reason for years until they decided to sell it. I mean 10 years from how the huge issue will be all of the tallywhacker patches that copy legit patches guys had made. Some of these shops kind of shotgun ideas and designs so that you can go pick up what you want (for me i LOVE the Rats rump patches lol) and some will be those very unit specific or platoon specific ones. Its going to be interesting to see how this field unfolds.