Replacing Male end of a M36 Pistol Belt

Catfishcraig

Catfishcraig

Anybody have experience replacing the male buckle on an M36 Pistol Belt? I have a belt with steel sodered keepers and not sure if I should try and separate the keepers or try and slide them over the hooked end of the belt to replace a missing buckle.

If anybody has had a good experience in doing this please share any tricks you have.

Thank you!

post-12393-0-83870000-1396321142.jpg

I have done it.

1) I usually leave the "hook" in the belt and try an slide them over un till they clear.Sometimes it works better to work it over at an angle.

2) I have also had to slighly bend the one side of the keep up with a thin object like a table knife if the keepr has really been flattened.You can always tap it back down with a rubber mallet/hammer and it wont damage the finish.

• 3 weeks later...
Catfishcraig

Thank you both for your help! After messing around with it for a few week I finally was able to replace the buckle. However, one of the keepers seperated in the process if moving it over the steel end. I'm thinking of either using a very small amount of super glue or solder to fix it. What would you recommend?

Thanks.

craig