seeking WW2 Army nurse hat like this

150mph

My mom's turning 90 soon and she can still fit into her WW2 army nurse uniform, but she lost the hat. would love to find one for her. pls let me know if you can help

post-152379-0-59829900-1396305676.jpg

These hats are plentiful, and you can pick up repos from a number of sources. It is difficult to find an original in a human size that can be worn by most older and/or modern folks. The largest I have ever encountered was a 23 1/2, and an original in that size commands a premium. Repos seem to sell in the 50 dollar range (new)--check ebay or look on one of the WW2 repo clothing sites....If you want an original in a smaller size, a hair pin should be sufficient to hold it on, and you can usually pick one up in the 80 dollar range.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks. sorry for the delay.. Repo - that means repossessed? or "repro"? I googled a bit and found a scattering of sites and not much luck with this hat, so it looks like I'll have to send this pic to a few random sites and ask them. Would you have a site or 2 you'd recommend? thanks

I wrote to 3 shops that i googled: wwiiimpressions.com, atthefront.com, ww2sale.com and none sell or have any info about this hat, so I'm curious about where they're plentiful...

Thanks. sorry for the delay.. Repo - that means repossessed? or "repro"? I googled a bit and found a scattering of sites and not much luck with this hat, so it looks like I'll have to send this pic to a few random sites and ask them. Would you have a site or 2 you'd recommend? thanks

"Repo" means reproduction of an orignal piece. The website that squidres mentions (National Capial Historical Sales) is located here, although I did not see an example of your hat there:

http://www.nchsinc.com/

They do have lots of WWII repro womens items though and you may see something of interest.

It also might help if you could get the nomenclature of what the hat was officially called by the military. It should be printed on the inside of the hat and knowing that could make it easier to search for (unfortinuately I do not have this info but someone else here likely does). If nobody is reproducing these hats then the next best bet may be eBay...

RustyCanteen

It also might help if you could get the nomenclature of what the hat was officially called by the military. It should be printed on the inside of the hat and knowing that could make it easier to search for (unfortinuately I do not have this info but someone else here likely does). If nobody is reproducing these hats then the next best bet may be eBay...

That should be 'Cap, Wool, Service Dark O.D., Nurses'. That is assuming the olive drab version is the one the OP is searching for. The same basic cap was made in blue and beige.