Two Unknown Patches

Wake1941

USAF OOM IRAN 1963

I am guessing this is USAF Open Officer's Mess, or in other words, the officer's club.

From other patches from that era, this may have been a swim trunk tag which allowed the wearer access to the club swimming pool.

The fact that it is from a base in IRAN makes it interesting.

Patchcollector

For the first one I was going to half jokingly guess the "Notre Dame glider club"Then I did some research and came up with this:

“Glider Club The Notre Dame Glider Club was formed in 1950 through the ef- forts of its faculty advisor, Profes- sor Robert S. Eikenberry. The Club ' s single place Schweizer glider is launched with a tow car, or a sta- tionary winch with which altitudes of 850 feet or more can be reached. Soaring flights of more than thir- ty minutes are on record, but most are short training flights, as many as sixty in an afternoon. The club has provided many Notre Dame students with valuable flying experience, and the thrills of the gliding sport. During the winter, the members build and repair the club ' s equipment, preparing for the next all-too-short gliding season. Left to right: R. Meister, J. Sullivan, R. Jurman, J. Kiwus, F. Hunter, T. Lindsay, Prof. R. Eiken- berry, J. Brainerd, R. Kolodziej, J. Kelly. Air Cadet The Air Cadet Club is an organization composed of members of the Air Force unit here at Notre Dame. During the past year it has sponsored many student activities for the purpose of creating a more social atmosphere among the cadets. Among these have been: the annual Military Ball, in conjunction with the Army and Navy service units, a Commu- nion Breakfast and club banquet. Left to right: P. Latorra, J. Hartigan (Vice-Pres.), D. Klocke, R. Burns, R. Cook, J. Carey, J. Libert, M. Kelly (Pres.), P. Brudette, V. Teofan, J. Den- niston, J. Wilkins, W. Stahl (Sec.), J. Locht, J. Droeze, T. Newhouse, T. Arm- strong, J. Baumie, K. Schwartz, P. Suth- erland, G. Donahue, W. Canning. 311 ”

I did'nt expect to find it actually existed! :)

post-13386-0-25532600-1396326488.png