M1 Fixed Bale w/ "G" Paper liner

Red_Nek

Thanks for the kudos. I've become quite attached to this one, due in part to it being a General Fibre liner. I really haven't been paying much attention to the US stuff, as of late. I believe that this find will change my focus on again.

Me likey...Like Wade stated,would be nice to sneak up on this beauty.If I tried to do that Im sure they would nail me for stalking :o

RON

'Flage Guy

Whoever was issued that pot sure took good care of it...if that's an original set, it's a shame it can't talk! Congrats on a primo find!

Whoever was issued that pot sure took good care of it...if that's an original set, it's a shame it can't talk! Congrats on a primo find!

If that liner could talk it would probably tell you it spent most of the war on a clerks desk. pinch.gif The fiber liners like the General and the Hawley didn't do well for extended periods of wet weather. The beautiful condition of this one shows that it spent little time in bad weather or fox hole type conditions. Still, I'd be thrilled if this one was in my collection!