WW2 Two Tone Net with scrim

Troy

Initially I was not sure. They sure did look good together. But after tracking down the dealer I found out that the net was put on the helmet to display/sell. He said the Net originally came from a WW2 Minnesota vets estate years ago. He thought it was neat, and looked great, so he put it aside to keep for himself. He could not remember much about the helmet or where it came from. So make a long story short, NO, I do not believe they came together...

Charlie

USMC-RECON0321

I agree, it seems to fit nicely. The Canadian nets I've seen seem to be a different type of net material, where yours seems to be more consistent with the US style of netting material. If that makes sense? You can even see the difference in the others posted as examples in this thread.

Troy

I agree, it does seem to be more consistent with US Nets, but has the basic appearance of a Canadian net. My net seems to be larger than the standard two tone Canadian nets, as if it were made to fit the US M1. Maybe there were specific Canadian nets made for the US??

Charlie