Occupation period Lucite Ribbon Bars

Kman1752

Finally got one of these, coolest ribbon bars I've ever seen! These were made by a well known Nazi badge maker, Rudolf Souval in Vienna, Austria during the occupation period. There were two known makers at the time, the other being Otto Lachmann who manufactured his fantastic ribbon bars in Bremerhaven, Germany. The Souval ribbons are quite a bit rarer than the Lachmann, but both are fantastic.

post-10061-0-89540400-1395882430.jpg

post-10061-0-42949100-1395882432.jpg

I don't have an example by Otto Lachmann in front of me, but here is another (apparently German made) style of Lucite ribbons made during the occupation period. Does anyone have any info on who made this style? I would think if it were either Souval or Lachmann that it would be maker marked and it is not. Also, as you can see there is no brass backing of this one.

Also, it seems I id'd the last ribbon here when I got it but I can't recall, anyone know what the third bar is?

post-10061-0-37631600-1395882583.jpg

post-10061-0-67759500-1395882584.jpg

John Conway

I don't have an example by Otto Lachmann in front of me, but here is another (apparently German made) style of Lucite ribbons made during the occupation period. Does anyone have any info on who made this style? I would think if it were either Souval or Lachmann that it would be maker marked and it is not. Also, as you can see there is no brass backing of this one.

Also, it seems I id'd the last ribbon here when I got it but I can't recall, anyone know what the third bar is?

Merchant Marine Combat ribbon.

"Posted Today, 08:17 PM
Kman1752, on 26 Mar 2014 - 8:09 PM, said:

Also, it seems I id'd the last ribbon here when I got it but I can't recall, anyone know what the third bar is?"

Merchant Marine Combat ribbon.

That's it! Thanks John

• 8 years later...
On 3/26/2014 at 6:09 PM, Kman1752 said:

post-10061-0-37631600-1395882583.jpg

post-10061-0-67759500-1395882584.jpg

I have a set of Otto Lachmann marked ribbons too. 

GMR1.jpg

GMR2.jpg