Korean War T/Sgt Stripes: Are These Foreign Made?

AirMechanic

AirMechanic

Can anyone tell me if these T/Sgt stripes are foreign made? These stripes are on a Korean War ike jacket that I recently purchased. They look different to me (the material of the stripes looks almost braided and fancier than normal issue). Thanks!

post-7244-0-20622500-1395879782.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

It sure does look theater made, which theater? was this Ike worn in Japan or Germany during the Korean War? Japan right?

Is this the shoulder patch on it? If so then Japanese made ranks, since this Indian Head patch has been Ided as Japanese made.

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/205243-opinions-please-on-this-korean-war-2nd-infantry-division-patch-foreign-made/

Interesting chevron. The style of embroidery is from the 1930s. However most chevrons I've seen with this kind of embroidery were on dark blue wool or khaki twill. I can't rule out that these may have been made on dark blue twill.

These may have been new old stock when the wearer put together this uniform. There was a shortage of chevrons in Korea about that time.

Here is a 1930s chevron on khaki.

post-60620-0-68750000-1396961281.jpg

Disregard what I said in the last post. The embroidery is similar, but not the same. I have another chevron in my collection that is very similar but on khaki twill. I have it identified as being made in Japan. Here it is.

post-60620-0-96380400-1396961578.jpg