Wehrmacht Salt & Peper Shakers captured by the 1st Infantry Divison, 7th Field Artillery

Austin R

This is probably one of the strangest spoils of war I have ever seen. They are German issue salt and pepper shakers that were taken and painted by a soldier in the 7th Field Artillery, 1st ID.

8Yiyv3c.jpg

kq8Q1QX.jpg

RpcSMtS.jpg

Qg22deu.jpg

Proud Kraut

In fact these are German WW II artillery bakelite fuze carriers (term?) converted to salt & pepper shakers by whomsoever. If they were "captured" by an U.S. FA unit probably by themselfes? Nice items!

No, no, no. Make it more INTERESTING! These here are COMBAT salt and pepper shakers taken on Dec 18, 1944, in a food fight near Luxemburg. That will be your eBay story, anyway. Lol

In fact these are German WW II artillery bakelite fuze carriers (term?) converted to salt & pepper shakers by whomsoever. If they were "captured" by an U.S. FA unit probably by themselfes? Nice items!

Wow, I thought they were a weird shape for salt and pepper shakers. I guess that explains why.

Thanks,

Austin

USCapturephotos

Really cool find Austin? Anychance that you will be around this weekend? I'm probably heading to the Oaks gun show near

Phoenixville.

Paul

Really cool find Austin? Anychance that you will be around this weekend? I'm probably heading to the Oaks gun show near

Phoenixville.

Paul

No, I won't be home until April 17th. I would have loved to go the show, but I have to settle for yard sales around campus.

For reference, here's a pair of salt and pepper shakers that were souvenirs of MSgt Alfred Porkolab, made from 88mm fuses....

Mark sends

post-3423-0-25511600-1396035498.jpg