Can someone provide some info on this hat for me?

tbirdismypride

tbirdismypride

Hello everyone, I am searching for some information on this hat. The way its cut and shaped I am pretty sure its for a woman however thats about all I know about it. I have had it quite a few years now so I dont remember the spacifics on it. Its Bluish Grey in Color and made by MG Kantor. I have no idea as to the age of the hat or what particular branch. Would this be Red Cross maybe???

post-1973-0-51311800-1395843564.jpg

post-1973-0-30899100-1395843587.jpg

post-1973-0-83905100-1395843606.jpg

Probably worn by a civilian woman in a Service Club on a Fort that oversees crafts. There are several patches that are similar but different duties and also Air Force instead of Army.

This is a post WWII cap worn by Army Special Services Women Personnel. During WWII, the organization was mainly known as the Army Hostess and Librarian Service. This information is from the book “Dressed for Duty” page 165 of volume one:

“After World War II, the Army Hostess and Librarian Service was changed and expanded to the Army Special Services which included not only librarians and hostesses but also crafts and entertainment. In 1948, the former hostess-librarian fan-shaped patch was replaced by rectangular patches on white cloth backing, measuring 2 ½ inches tall and 3 inches wide….(it goes on to describe the look of the patches just like yours). These patches were worn on the upper left sleeve of the uniform blouses and on the forward section of the service cap and on the left forward section of the curtain of the garrison cap.”

...Kat