WWII Marine raider canteen? Name Marine covers

oldabewla

I purchased this 1st pattern USMC canteen a long time ago. I never really notice it but you can see traces that is was camo painted up long ago and some reinforcement done to the rear hanger and the name up front any thoughts?

The other covers are name to Marines as I figure I would post them as the division marked USMC canteen been posted here are super cool and figure would post these as another variation

Craig

post-7997-0-04946200-1395622234.jpg

Steve1987,

I never knew the Marines did their names on 45 pouches? very nice and yes very close!

Craig

Hi Craig,

Those WWI mag pouches are still available very cheap as surplus, but this is the only one I ever found that had a Marines name on the exterior like that. I don't think it was common for them to mark the mag pouch in that location, but the style of name stamp used in my opinion is USMC. the pouch on the right has some markings that *might* be USMC inside the flap. I've seen similar markings in original USMC bandage pouches.

A small part of me hoped maybe the photo of your canteen was maybe W.H. instead of W.C. But at least this way we won't argue who's giving up an item to re-unite them! ;) ;)

Interesting that two canteens with re-enforced USMC hangers have been posted this week, first with rivets and now with wire.

-Steve

Craig, those are some mean Covers!!!

And Steve's Mag Pouches...(where is the "Drool" emoticon when you need it??)

What are the time periods of issued? for the USMC 1st type I posted? 1941-42? and 2nd type issued period came out? 42-43? The first type was camo painted some traces are still left.

Craig