A "VIKING ROTE" patch for ID

Patchcollector

Patchcollector

Happy Friday all,

I just picked this one up for 99 cents.I think that it is a USAF foreign exercise piece,but can find no info regarding it.Any help would be most appreciated.

Thanks!

post-13386-0-57711100-1395459768.jpg

• 9 months later...
Patchcollector

Was just browsing through some of my prior posts and wanted to bring this back up in the hopes that some of the Forums newer members can eyeball it and maybe recognize the unit ID.

• 3 weeks later...

Tactical Air Command maintained supplemental (Rotational or ROTE ) C-130 Squadrons in support of USAFE (2 squadrons) & PACAF (6 [Later 8] Squadrons) as well as Detachments. Alfra Squadron were based based mainly at Rhine Maine AB Germany but at times moved to Wiesbaden AB and Ramstein AB, Germany and the & Brovo Squadrons was based at Évreux-Fauville Air Base, France, relocated to RAF Mildenhall in 1966 and during periods of runway repair relocated to RAF Schultrope and RAF Lakenheath, A number of detachments were maintained in Spain, Greece, Italy, and Turkey. Since a Turkish Flag is displayed along with the American Flag, I would suggest the Viking ROTE Detachment was located at Incirlik CDI (Adana), Turkey

Terry L Horstead

• 2 weeks later...

Tactical Air Command maintained supplemental (Rotational or ROTE ) C-130 Squadrons in support of USAFE (2 squadrons) & PACAF (6 [Later 8] Squadrons) as well as Detachments. Alfra Squadron were based based mainly at Rhine Maine AB Germany but at times moved to Wiesbaden AB and Ramstein AB, Germany and the & Brovo Squadrons was based at Évreux-Fauville Air Base, France, relocated to RAF Mildenhall in 1966 and during periods of runway repair relocated to RAF Schultrope and RAF Lakenheath, A number of detachments were maintained in Spain, Greece, Italy, and Turkey. Since a Turkish Flag is displayed along with the American Flag, I would suggest the Viking ROTE Detachment was located at Incirlik CDI (Adana), Turkey

Terry L Horstead

Terry, this patch would greatly post-date those rotations though..... Was there a Bravo Squadron in Turkey in the late 1980's/1990's?

YBYB -- You Bet Your ?

-Ski

You know, this might very well be a US Navy S-3 Viking patch. VS-22 participated in Operation Provide Comfort which would have had them in Turkish airspace..... Just a thought.

-Ski