ww2 hbt jungle jacket

koreamike

Hi there has any one ever heard of or have pictures of a hbt od7 us army jungle jacket,

it has rienforcements at the shoulders ,appelettes , and loopsin the back to run back pack straps throughout and bellows pockets with exposed plastic buttons . thanks koreamike

Koreamike, The last explanation I heard was that these jackets and trousers were WWII War Aid to England for tropical use. That is why there is a W.A. printed on the QM tags and why they have such unusual characteristics. Just look at the two cute, little buckles and straps at the waist of the trousers shown below. Here are some small pictures of my full, mint set and tags. I thought these HBTs had been discussed here before a long time ago, but for the life of me I can't find the thread.

Bob

post-299-0-34528200-1395455003.jpg

post-299-0-41461200-1395455013.jpg

post-299-0-14077700-1395455027.jpg

post-299-0-15710800-1395455039.jpg

post-299-0-78646200-1395455160.jpg

Neat! I've never seen a measurement for "Breeches" before. I suppose that's the widest area of the hips? It looks like there's a small pocket on the right thigh for the first aid bandage, similar to the battle dress trousers - another clue to it's British use. Are there buttons for suspenders?

Definitely British patterns, labels are likely US made like the unifroms, but are British style too. The US did make War Aid unifroms out of HBT. The standard Brit or Commonwealth produced uniforms were not HBT but denim or "airtex".

Grant S., You are correct that the pocket on the right thigh fits a 1942 dated British First Field Dressing nicely with the pocket dimensions being 5" X 5". BTW. No suspender buttons were found anywhere on the trousers. If anyone is interested I can take some better pictures and detail closeups of the set later when I have better light. FYI. I have found that the Jungle Trousers seem to be much harder to find that the Jungle Jackets.

Bob

Rambob, thanks for posting that gem. I wasn't aware of the other discussion, so this is a 1ster for me, too; amazing!!

Thanks every one for your help , think i will pick up the ones this guy wants to sell me . thanks bob

and flage best regards korea mike