WWI Photo on Cloth

M60 Driver

Here is another long lost treasure found during the warehouse cleanup. The I don't know how they got the photo to print on to the cloth given that this is clearly WWI era. The background is faded felt that was originally blue in color. Looks like two doctors that were perhaps attached to the 87th Division given the acorns. Do I dare even steam this piece to get rid of the creases? I fear the photo might be heat sensitive and there is already enough discoloration.

post-779-0-31544100-1395426261.jpg

Very cool piece!

You could try hanging it in a steam filled shower. This could help to reduce the wrinkles and creases but wouldn't be as intense as using a steamer or iron.

You could possibly use and iron on a low setting with a piece of cloth in between. I used to work at a dry cleaners in high school and that's what they would use on delicate fabrics. Very nice item!

The creases could be caused by the outer rim, being sewn on to it, so I would leave it alone, I also have a printed WW1 item.

I have seen these kinds of things even from the victorian times (1880s)

i would not steam it, just leave it as stated. Great piece!

Try laying it face down on a clean, flat, hard surface and set a stack of heavy books on it, a sort of "cold press".