Civil war artillery

JJEH

This might has already been discussed to death, not sure. I'm interested in civil war cannons. Can you guys recommend a good book on that subject?

Also, I'm looking to buy one as outdoor display. Not an original though, rather a non-firing replica.

What do I have to look out for? Are there certain things to consider before purchase?

We are currently stationed at Ft. Sill, OK and they have an artillery museum as you might know. I always walk away with one crying eye since I cannot take them with me...

Thanks for all your advice.

Grape and canister is a history about The Army of the Potomac Artillery from before Bull Run to Appomattox. It covers the guns and units.

Mack

Cannons, An Introduction to Civil War Artillery, by Dean S. Thomas. Not a big book, but good introduction to the subject. I have a copy just collecting dust - PM me if you're interested.

post-11058-0-53228800-1395353391.jpg

Artillery and Ammunition of the Civil War
by Warren Ripley

Long time standard on the subject.Shop around for a good used copy.

Thanks guys. I already ordered some books yesterday and "Artillery and Ammunition of the Civil War" I will get too.

@dag, thank you very much for your post. I'll take it. Will pm you so we can make arrangements for payment.