FAKE Alert - Parachute

WWII Parachutist

WWII Parachutist

Last week I was browsing the Paratrooper.fr website and across their "Pad, Back, Parachute, Seat, 1942" listed as original.

http://paratrooper.fr/en/pages/produit.aspx?cp=635206383249738476&t=

I was rather disturbed to find it is one of my reproductions which I sold to them back in September 2013, mounted on a reproduction AN6513 harness. This was knowingly bought by De Trez as a reproduction, and now they turned around and are selling it as an original (and for $240 bucks!). I emailed them but received no response.
There is no doubt that it is mine - same original OD canvas duck I use, "golden khaki" retainers, and the exact same stamping. I attached pictures of both the one he is selling and the picture of the item I sold him. Exactly the same.

These repros are are top notch and some of them can fool even experienced collectors. All of my chutes bear my inspection stamp that identifies it as my work. On all 2013 chutes, the circular army-navy stamp will have JD42 below it, and 2014 rigs will have J316 below the AN. If you see a chute for sale that you suspect could be one of my reproductions, feel free to PM me and I would be glad to check it out.

Regards,

Joshua DeJong

post-40412-0-13638600-1395089176.jpg

post-40412-0-00580400-1395089183.jpg

post-40412-0-20566600-1395089288.jpg

That's rather disturbing! It begs the question why someone such as he with a such high profile within the collecting community would do such a thing?!

vintageproductions

Maybe it was a mistake on their part.

Before the bashing starts, give them a chance to respond to the original poster.

WWII Parachutist

I would like to believe it was a mistake - I have contacted them, but nothing. In the past, I have noticed several other fake/reproduction items, so I contacted them and also received no response. This one seems really blatant - I hope it is just a mistake, but it does not seem that way.

• 10 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...