[Collection] 99th Infantry division, collection Jeroen V.

Jeroen V.

Hi all!

I'm allready collection for several years, but due to high college costs my collection is still small.

All the items in my collection have a connection with the 99th infantry division during WWII.

The first item I want to show you is a non WWII item. I recieved it a couple of years ago from one of the two veterans I was mailing with.

James R. Moore Jr. couldn't go to veteran associations anymore due to medical reasons, and sent me his 99th Id hat.

petje_zpseccc0606.jpg

This post is about the 3 diffrent 99th Id patches I have in my collection. At the moment there is a snow back, greenback with production error and reverse in a scrapbook in my collection.

But the next varriants are welcom in my collection (the verriants with ? are unknown to me):

- White back
- Black back
- Green Back
- German made
- Bullion (?)
- Reverse varianten:
- White back
- Snow Back
- Black back (?)
- Green Back (?)
- German made (?)
- Bullion (?)

Reverse patch in scrapbook. Blue square first!
reverzed_zps2a3e65d0.jpg

Greenback, production eroor in the last blue square. I think this patch is cut out of a shirt or something.
greenback_zpscabfbbaf.jpg

Snowback
snowback_zpsf650e764.jpg

A dogtag with plastic cord is one of the best items in my collection. The cord is dry but still in good shape.

I still need to do some research to Edd Flippo. I know he was in AT Company, 395th Infantry Regiment. and died in 1970, buried at the Arledge Ridge Cemetery-Bonham.

dogtag_zps51ce8b0d.jpg

grafEddFlippo_zpsff546782.jpg

One of my personal favorites in my collection, some pages of a scrapbook from Robert C. Mencer, L company 394th, serial number 33402712.

There were also lots of pictures and copies of letters to his family int this lot.

I know nothing about Robert, all info is welcome!

This is Robert Mencer, watch his helmet ;)
scrapbookfoto_zps41794a11.jpg

Scrapbook:
scrapbook1_zpsbc55c8b4.jpg

scrapbook2_zpsd84756a2.jpg

scrapbook3_zpsd82fa4f3.jpg

scrapbook4_zps01e31e8a.jpg

scrapbook5_zps688bbb4a.jpg

scrapbook6_zps95e88603.jpg

Last year I was able to buy 3 practice charts.

All 3 from Camp van Dorn, dated 1943.
1x rapid fire 200 yards, standing.
2x M1, 200 yards, 2x prone. It seem that the shooter increased his experience, he went from a score of 28 in march to a score of 47 in july.

practicechart1_zps7ba9f31e.jpg

practicechart2_zps34fac65b.jpg

Some other nice pictures in my collection, all with 99th ID helmet.

Can someone tell me if it are painted emblems or decals?

helm1_zps02e3f68e.jpg

helm2_zps9a2b26b7.jpg

helm3_zps70b5d61e.jpg

helm4_zpsae7d3450.jpg

I dream of such an helmet in my collection ;)

Recently added in my collection, 3 kodachrome's from Samuel Meharg. Research to this veteran still need to be done!

kodachrome_zpsa114ec50.jpg

A four pocket jacket with good conduct and EAME ribon (1 campaign star) Size 38L.

Jacket is named J. Pace and some unclear numbers, the only readible numbers are 1713.

More info about J. Pace is welcome!

4-pocket_zps7523545a.jpg

Ike jacket, PFC, MP, 6th AD and 99th ID patch. Pants included with name Henry Petersen. In the jacket is the code S-1284. It is unclear what the link between the name and this laundry code is... Al information is welcome.
Eame ribbon 4 battle starts, good conduct and American campaign ribbon.
Watch the reverse 99th patch.

ike_zps865ea16a.jpg

Nice collection! The Last Ike you have is probably a man who spent most of his time with the 6th AD and then transferred to the 99th after the war was over for occupation duties.

historyfixer

You have a very nice collection. I love the photos you have. I also search for Camp Van Dorn items, but the items that are related to the 63rd Division. If you ever find yourself in Mississippi they have a wonderful small museum. http://vandorn.org/

Nice collection! The Last Ike you have is probably a man who spent most of his time with the 6th AD and then transferred to the 99th after the war was over for occupation duties.

That's correct! Thanks!

Great collection.

-Dave

Thanks Dave!

Very nice. My Uncle served in the 99th in WWII. Thanks ~ Danny

Thanks Danny! Do you have any information on you uncle? Always nice do hear stories!

You have a very nice collection. I love the photos you have. I also search for Camp Van Dorn items, but the items that are related to the 63rd Division. If you ever find yourself in Mississippi they have a wonderful small museum. http://vandorn.org/

Thanks! If I ever visit the states I sure will go to Camp van Dorn as well :)