MADAME CHIANG'S LETTER TO THE RAIDERS

BEAST

This was given to me as part of a grouping from the vet's family. It is the letter that Madame Chiang Kai Shek gave to each of the Doolitte Raiders when they were leaving China. I belive it is a fairly hard to find item, as Col. Glines did not have a copy in his collection. I gave him and some of the Raiders copies of it for keepsakes after one of the reunions.

If you guys have other Doolittle related items, I would love to see them posted on the forum!

post-203-1211718017.jpg

brandon_rss18

Man that is AWESOME, I have always like the Doolittle Raiders. The only thing I have that has to do with them is a signed lithograph signed by R.E.Cole, Doolittles co-pilot during the raid and it is signed by someone else from the #10 plane but I cannot remember. I will look a little later. That is really awesome what you have there though, im jealous, lol ;)

• 1 year later...

Now that would be one of the neatest things to have in a private collection, talk about rare!! Very nice Erick. :thumbsup:

teufelhunde.ret

A remarkable historical document, surely not that many have survived. Thank you for preserving and sharing this letter with us! s/f Darrell

• 1 year later...

I saw that we are honoring the Doolittle Raiders with this month's "We Remember", so I thought I would bring this back to the top.

• 1 year later...
General Apathy
This was given to me as part of a grouping from the vet's family. It is the letter that Madame Chiang Kai Shek gave to each of the Doolitte Raiders when they were leaving China. I belive it is a fairly hard to find item, as Col. Glines did not have a copy in his collection. I gave him and some of the Raiders copies of it for keepsakes after one of the reunions.

If you guys have other Doolittle related items, I would love to see them posted on the forum!

post-203-1211718017.jpg

Hi Erick, that has to be one of the neatest and rarest pieces of collectibles, never seen one before an enviable item in your collection and thanks for sharing. ;)

ken

Don't have much, but here it is. Your letter is jewel in a collection, Erick :thumbsup:

post-70-1334829476.jpgpost-70-1334829495.jpg

• 3 years later...
  • 1 year later...