US Army Recruiter

roadrunner

Hello

A US Army Recruiter ID badge worn by a LTG ?

I always thought this would be for Enlisted.

HAVE A NICE DAY

Michael

post-8324-0-46435400-1394984851.jpg

• 1 month later...
VolunteerArmoury

This guy was the Deputy CG of USAREC till 2009 so he likely earned there since the photo is him at Corps. Officers who are USAREC Company, Bn etc Commanders (and I presume XOs but don't recall specifically) often will earn it for permanent award but officers will have the, as temporary wear with the potential to earn it. I've been told by several of my buddies in recruiting the officers that want will simply be given an applicant's packet that's virtually complete with that recruiter having put the officer's info on it. Chaplain recruiters do get this for permanent wear seeing how they recruit like a NCO does. I presume the Medical, Nurse, etc Corps recruiters do as well. I'm not sure if there're JAG recruiters but I wouldn't be surprised. I think he's at ISAF now.

Commanders do wear the recruiter badge (silver) if they completed a successful tour (unsuccessful tour means they got in trouble). Chaplains can wear the badge (silver or gold) since they recruit by the numbers like NCO's. Prior to 2003 or 2004 Chaplains were only authorized to wear silver no matter how many they recruited.

VolunteerArmoury

Are there JAG officers assigned to recruiting like a Chaplain?

Aren't medical branches are recruited by NCOs focusing on medical professionals?