US Army Air Forces Flight Nurse Blue uniform!

Mr.Jerry

Just acquired these in a trade! Button up uniform complete with hat Blue with Maroon medical piping.

and a matching trench type coat with an over-sized AAF twill patch. I don't think they used these for very long. Does anyone know of they worse a skirt or pants with this uniform? Thanks!

us-arnc-1.jpg

us-arnc-2.jpg

us-arnc-3.jpg

memphis_belle

Nice find!

It's an Army Nurse Corps blue outdoor uniform. Its production began in 1941 and was worn by Army Nurses until 1943/1944 when the new olive-drab pattern was adopted. However, army nurses were allowed to wear the blue uniform as a dress uniform until the end of war.

The uniform included a six-gore wool covert skirt in medium blue color. Women could also purchase commercially manufactured dark blue slacks because skirts were often impractical on ship transport and overseas. The blue slacks were not an item of issue and they varied in cut, style, and color shade.

1450683_669048253126965_1805188808_n.jpg

602070_550716218293503_873121295_n.jpg

299152_554090554622736_73944807_n.jpg

1157629_625573690807755_1803096457_n.jpg

Thank you for the information & photos!

I am gald to hear about the pants, i wanted to display them with pants, but figured they would be hard to find. Now I can get somthing "close".

Blue hobby hat and skirt are quite expensive and rare...there one first pattern on ebay right now, a blue pattern existed for everything that you later see in chocolate. The overcoats used to be impossible to find, but they recently turned up a hoard of them and they are available in Europe for about 200 euros each (roughly 270 USD).

you can use the blue garrison cap which is infinitely easier to find and significantly more affordable....roughly 60-80 dollars

I did get a blue maroon piped garrison hat with it and a tie (Hard to see but they are hanging through the shouldster straps in the photo)

Thanks!

Would they have worn the Flight Nurse wings on this uniform?