Unknown World War 1 Unit Patch

mortar84

The attached photos are a RCCP from my Great Uncle to my Grandmother. I'm trying to identify the unit patch. I posted these pictures on the old forum site but I can't access them. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

post-77508-0-74145100-1394938816.jpg

post-77508-0-30596800-1394938845.jpg

I do have his full name and info (ie: birth, death dates, and SSN). I have tried a NARA request in the past and nothing has come up but I will try again. Thanks all for the help. If it is the 78th Division is there a unit roster out there that includes the Enlisted names?

unclegrumpy

I do have his full name and info (ie: birth, death dates, and SSN). I have tried a NARA request in the past and nothing has come up but I will try again. Thanks all for the help. If it is the 78th Division is there a unit roster out there that includes the Enlisted names?

You are likely coming up empty with the NARA, because his file was destroyed in the 1973 fire. However, you should try requesting a copy of his WW I service card. Those are on film strips, and almost always list the unit that he was serving with. If you are lucky, they will email you a copy for free, if not you will have to pay them or an independent researcher to get it for you.

• 10 months later...

I have found out what unit my Great Uncle was in. He was a PVT as a Wagoner-Infantry with Supply Company, 310th Infantry Regiment, 78th Division.