Lt Col Indian Wars Group- What's it worth?

I have very little knowedge about 19th Century militaria so I am seeking sage advice on what this group is worth.

post-13283-0-27447800-1394671952.jpg

The ribbon is certainly not IW -- it's for WW2 Victory Medal.

Not sure what the ribbon is, but the button looks like a cadet's ball button--is it USMA?

I assume you date the straps as IW --= they look later to me. IW era straps used metallic gold bullion trim -- that looks to be synthetic -- certainly post WW2.

How do you conclude they are 19th century?

G

ludwigh1980

On the boards, is the trim and lt. Colonel oak leaves metal stamped brass applied to a wool base? These could be Smiths Patent boards which typically date civil war.

Leatherneck72

Those borders almost look Smith Patent style. Close ups of the edges, and some of the backs will settle it.

Gentlemen thank you for your insights. The IW period is what the seller claied. Here are better resolution pics for your review.

post-13283-0-82822600-1394744888.jpg

That's a whole lot more information. It appears that the LTC leaves and border are metal and not bullion, which I could not tell before. I assume this is the Smith patent mentioned above, so they are 19th century. (I am not sure when Pettibone went out of business.)

G