General Staff collar insignia

roadrunner

Hello

The General Staff collar insignia is one of my favorite collor insignia.

If you have variations, please post them here.

Information from TIOH:

"Branch Insignia

The coat of arms of the United States, 5/8 inch in height, of gold color metal superimposed on a five-pointed silver color star, 1 inch in circumscribing diameter. The shield to be in enamel stripes of white and red, chief of blue, and the glory blue.

On 17 June 1904, the Chief of Staff of the Army, Lieutenant General Chaffee, approved the design of the General Staff insignia to take effect 1 July 1904. The device has been in continual use since that date. The insignia was originally worn only by officers, in the grade of captain and above, detailed to the General Staff Corps. Authority for its wear was later extended to officers detailed to General Staff Corps with troops. At the time the Department of the Army was established as the legal successor to the War Department, the word ''Corps'' in the title of branch officers detailed to the General Staff Corps was dropped. The device is now worn by officers detailed in orders to the Army General Staff and to General Staff with troops.

The star is symbolic of the highest level in the Army, and the Arms of the United States allude to the mission of the General Staff which is the exercise General Staff supervision over the management of the land forces of the United States.

Branch Color

No color assigned"

HAVE A NICE DAY

Michael

I've always liked this insignia. I've got a carded Meyer pair from the 70s (?) The stars are a very highly finished chrome with a sharply detailed eagle. Not that I'm biased, but my favourite example of yours is the British-made one! Lots of character and a perfect example of a "wartime economy" piece. Probably rather scarce too?

Pointedcuffs

Matched BB&B World War One bronze collar insignia with General Staff assigned to Army Headquarters armband.

post-1237-0-87486400-1394661089.jpg

post-1237-0-03519800-1394661098.jpg

• 10 months later...

One by one, came over and found a new home.

At this time there are 17 different.

If you have any items I don't have and you are willing to sell or trade, please let me know.

Thanks

Michael

post-8324-0-99579800-1422910445.jpg

Just discovered this thread. Here is one that I have. Could possibly be a twin to the one on your list immediately following the Balfour insignia. Thanks, Al.

post-12790-0-21748800-1422916111.jpg

post-12790-0-29978700-1422916128.jpg

• 1 month later...

Hello

Here is the picture of the items I have.

I was able to take over some items from USMC members. Thanks to everybody who helped with information, trading or selling.

HAVE A NICE DAY

Michael

post-8324-0-27759400-1426414194.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Here are a few I recently acquired. They belonged to a retired U.S. Army LTC. Reportedly, he was good friends with General Omar Bradley when Bradley had quarters on Ft. Bliss.

post-96084-0-95612300-1428165915.jpg

post-96084-0-88475900-1428165956.jpg

• 6 months later...

One of my favorit General Staff badges.

It has the Tiffany style fastener.

I can see why this is one of your favorites. It is simply beautiful!

...Kat