1962 Chocolate brown EGA

stucky151

I have never seen one for sale, curious, since they were only worn for one year, how much these are worth? Any input?

Another major change to enlisted emblems was in 1955. All new emblems were required to conform to a new and official Marine Corps Seal, approved by President Dwight D. Eisenhower in 1954. This change added the fouled anchor to the collar devices for enlisted wear. Officer's collar devices did not add the fouled anchor until 1962. Service insignia were made in a brownish finish to match leather items on uniforms.

The last modification of the ornament, which brought them to present form, began with the publication of MCO 1020.37 of 4 June 1963. This changed the color of service ornaments from brown to black. This order stated, "In the area of uniform clothing, significant economy can be effected through use of black uniform accessories, without loss of utility and with a minimum change in appearance. "This was augmented from a Department of Defense policy, "Achieving maximum economy through standard usage wherever possible." This order further provided for color transition from brown to black uniform accessories such as shoes, socks, service cap frames, gloves and women's handbags.

This is probably one of the very few EGAs that You can give a specific year it was worn as it was very short lived like the collar disc. Most of these brown EGAs were painted black, making this one very hard to come by.

Likely it continued to see wear by the owners far after production changed, as the Marine had already spent the money. Very neat piece, these are rarely seen probably because a lot of collectors pay little attention to these models. I'm yet to add one to my own collection, believe I have a pair of collars but they are not H&H marked