• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 years later...
mike kelso

Admiral James O. Richardson (Texas);  CMS, Span-Am War #39, Philippine Insurrection #71, WWI #66  confirmed on box of issue and with UDC roster  Military Show Montgomery, AL

LTC (Dr.) Myron Shelby Jared (Missouri); CMS WWII # 4294 presented by Washington State UDC Chapter Robert E. Lee  Estate and UDC roster

Dan H. Ligon (North Carolina); CMS WWII #3370 UDC roster ebay

Joseph W. Daniel Jr. (Virginia); CMS Korean War #181 presented by North Carolina UDC Chapter Stonewall Jackson 220 UDC roster ebay

SGT Embree Bennette White III (Virginia); CMS Vietnam War #60  Served as LRRP  Estate sell on ebay

SPC Shelby Lee Kelso (Georgia); CMS Global War on Terror (Afghanistan)  #107 presented by Georgia UDC Chapter Lizzie Rutherford 60  Son's  

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

And one more:

Civil War Confederate medal grouping consisting of Southern Cross of Honor by White Head & Hoag and is the button or lapel variety. 2) Cross of Military Service awarded by the United Daughters of the Confederacy and is named to the reverse E. C. Perdue and is manufactured by Medallic Art Co.of New York and is numbered 678 to the reverse. Private Perdue enlisted on 4/1/1862. On 4/1/1862 he mustered into "I" Co. TX 32nd Cavalry. Original silk ribbon is very frail but both medals are otherwise excellent

image.png.a2a579035a02c43e2a581c2a4b90b1ea.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 1/28/2021 at 2:11 AM, sampo said:

And one more:

Civil War Confederate medal grouping consisting of Southern Cross of Honor by White Head & Hoag and is the button or lapel variety. 2) Cross of Military Service awarded by the United Daughters of the Confederacy and is named to the reverse E. C. Perdue and is manufactured by Medallic Art Co.of New York and is numbered 678 to the reverse. Private Perdue enlisted on 4/1/1862. On 4/1/1862 he mustered into "I" Co. TX 32nd Cavalry. Original silk ribbon is very frail but both medals are otherwise excellent

image.png.a2a579035a02c43e2a581c2a4b90b1ea.png

What war / conflicy is the Cross of Military Service for.  WWI, WWII. Korean War, Vietnam War

Hello emccomas,

I understand, it is for the first world war. Here a picture with the ribbon, hope this helps:

Confederate medal.jpg

• 5 months later...

Great post.  Not sure if you are still updating the list, but I have recently acquired a grouping and there are two CMS medals in the shadowbox.  Thank you.

Major Clarence Weldon Plemmons-503rd PRCT

I am still researching his military service history, so I am not certain of his actual post WWII service.

WWII medal- 11123

Korea medal- 1782

image0.jpeg

image1.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Thanks to everyone for the updates, I do continue to update my listing.  I will provide updated lists to the US MilitariaForum admins to post here as they see fit.

Regarding the last post about the Korean War CMS #1850 to RADM Bass, I actually own that CMS.  RADM Bass has three CMS medals for WWII, Korea, and Vietnam.  I have all three.

I am still looking for a nice attributed Spanish American War CMS, preferably in the original box.  It is the one CMS (other than the very recent Global War on Terror CMS) that I do not own

• 6 months later...