Electronic file for UDC Cross of Military Service

emccomas

And here it is boys and girls...an electronic, searchable, in numerical order, pdf file that lists the recipients of the United Daughters of the Confederacy Cross of Military Service.

Many thanks to all who assisted in this effort...

This information is provided with permission of The Planchet Research Group (who holds the copyright) and Mr. Jeffrey B. Floyd.

Also a special thanks to our awesome forum administrators that loaded the pdf file and put the link to it in this thread.

This is a work in progress, so if anyone has additional information on recipients of the United Daughters of the Confederacy Cross of Military Service for ANY conflicts, please let me know. I will be collecting this information and making updates as the amount of new data dictates.

Enjoy my friends, enjoy...and let me know if you find new info, or any errors.

Here is a link:

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_id=752443

A WWII CMS numbered "861" is known to Brig Gen G. Bryan Conrad, G-2 of the European Theater of Operations.

Thanks Jeff, much appreciated. I have added it to the list I am updating

Also WWII CMS #3299 is attributed to LT Owen O. Woods, HQ Co., 3rd BN., 13th Regt. 1st Armored Division, KIA North Africa Jan 31st, 1943.

• 5 weeks later...
wartimecollectables.com

WWII UDC Cross Of Military Service number 2493 attributed to Brigadier General John A. DesPortes, USAAF South Carolina.

post-93-0-11367400-1397787431.jpg

WWII UDC Cross Of Military Service number 2493 attributed to Brigadier General John A. DesPortes, USAAF South Carolina.

Thank you Andrew. I have added him to the list. My plan is to republish the list when I have 50 new entries. So far I have 4.

• 2 weeks later...

OK, two more

WWII CMS # 2699 - COL Joseph B. McShane

Vietnam CMS # 1882 - Patrick O'Bannon McShane

DakotaDave

WWII CMS with overseas appurtenance no. 6638 - Lt George W. Haynes, USMC

DakotaDave

WWII CMS with overseas appurtenance no. 6638 - Lt George W. Haynes, USMC

DakotaDave

Got it, thanks.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Korean War CMS #245 awarded to Airman Second Class William Simrall Lane, US Air Force. Lane was from Dayton, Ohio. The CMS was presented in October 1957. Came with the original award document, copied application and copied DD-214.

• 3 weeks later...

Korean War CMS #245 awarded to Airman Second Class William Simrall Lane, US Air Force. Lane was from Dayton, Ohio. The CMS was presented in October 1957. Came with the original award document, copied application and copied DD-214.

Thanks Jeff, I just saw your post. Added to the list.

• 3 weeks later...

Two new CMS sightings:

WWII CMS #5753 to Captain James Gilmore Stuckey, Jr., a USAAF flight surgeon (medal and document sighted)

WWI CMS #8977 to Jasper Talmadge Meshaw, Landsman Electrician (Radio). (Duplicate certificate sighted - no medal)

Two new CMS sightings:

WWII CMS #5753 to Captain James Gilmore Stuckey, Jr., a USAAF flight surgeon (medal and document sighted)

WWI CMS #8977 to Jasper Talmadge Meshaw, Landsman Electrician (Radio). (Duplicate certificate sighted - no medal)

Thanks Jeff.

I also saw Robert's Korean War CMS #445 in the for sale section.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

An update on the process for maintain this info:

I keep a master list of all of these entries. When a new entry is submitted, I add it to the master list. When I get 25 new entries, I will republish the list as a pdf and post it on this site. Since the original list was published, I have 17 updates as of 1-14-15.

Thanks to everyone for your assistance in this effort.

Ed

• 3 weeks later...