H&H ~ O.E.C. Insignia maker(s) question

teufelhunde.ret

teufelhunde.ret

All, As I recall O.E.C. (OEC) bought out H&H before they went under. Is my recollection correct? Also, does anyone recall the year this took place? Thx, s/f

H&H was sued by the US Attorney and Ira Green (as a "whistle blower") in 2004 for fraud for selling defective and non-conforming military insignia. There was a court-ordered sale of their inventory and assets in Nov-Dec 2007. If OEC bought anything it would have been at that time.

So if OEC bought anything, it might have been dies and maybe some insignia that still met government specifications. There was no shell company to buy, as they'd lost their contracts and tainted the brand name.

teufelhunde.ret

H&H was sued by the US Attorney and Ira Green (as a "whistle blower") in 2004 for fraud for selling defective and non-conforming military insignia. There was a court-ordered sale of their inventory and assets in Nov-Dec 2007. If OEC bought anything it would have been at that time.

Thx, recall this info and H&H, by this time had long since stopped making H&H insignia a well. Anyone recall when H&H started subcontracting insignia production to OEC?

The fraud charges dated back to items sold to the government in 1999, so they made their own stuff up until then.

teufelhunde.ret

The fraud charges dated back to items sold to the government in 1999, so they made their own stuff up until then.

Thx, that is what I concluded as well, am hoping to learn of any earlier period H&H may have started subcontracting, and using the OEC approval number (#362) or OEC hallmark, in violation of the terms of their Gov't insignia contracts (ie using their own hallmarks and approval number).

teufelhunde.ret

Have discovered an enlisted H&H emblem that has the OEC hallmark and the OEC approval (serial) number. Am concluding it was likely made between post VN era and 1999 to fill a PX? Contract? Anyway.... blue sky?

I know I was still buying red boxed chevrons off the shelf through early 2008...bought a bunch of Cpl chevrons to stock up, everyone hated the yellow boxed OEC. H&H finish held up much better at the time, now the only option at the PX is OEC

I still have a few boxed sets of chevrons and maybe EGA's in the closet somewhere, anything on the boxes of use in determining?

teufelhunde.ret

I still have a few boxed sets of chevrons and maybe EGA's in the closet somewhere, anything on the boxes of use in determining?

Dates! Trying to nail down a period this took place... For the book. Inclined to think btw 75-99?

• 2 months later...

I finally found all of my final contract H&H insignia...not a single date anywhere on the boxes

teufelhunde.ret

I finally found all of my final contract H&H insignia...not a single date anywhere on the boxes

Copy, nonetheless will continue to search. Thx.