OIF veteran bring back

rd12

Here are some items I brought back from my OIF tour in 2003/2004. We spent a lot of time clearing/securing military compounds early on and being a collector I grabbed what I could find. These are the nicer pieces. The compass is very high quality and has Iraqi Army markings. The red book in the picture is neat in that it explains in-depth all the characteristics of some US aircraft and how the Mig-23 can defeat them. It is published by the Russians (in English ) and marked Secret. This was probably produced for Russian patrons who were flying Russian jets.

post-122639-0-41471900-1394242773.jpg

Cool stuff man, that compass is sweet!!! Who were you with over there? I was with TF Falcon, 3-325th AIR, 82nd ABN DIV. Glad you made it back brother.

USCapturephotos

Wow. What a neat grouping. I am a high school history teacher...came home one day in 2003 to find a big busted up cardboard box on my front steps. Had no idea what it was until I saw the address. One of my best friends from college was with the 1st Cav in Iraq, picked up a bunch of dusty web gear, a helmet and a few pieces of paper threw them in the box and shipped them to me. I still have the stuff but like an idiot I threw out the shipping box. Wish I still had it.

Thanks gentleman for putting your lives on the line for the rest of us!

Paul

abn325 - I was with 1-32nd IN ( 10th MTN DIV ), we deployed as a separate BN and spent about half our tour attached to 3rd BDE, 82ND ABN South of Baghdad and the other half attached to 1st BDE, 1st IN DIV West of Baghdad.