Collection from Italy: #7 RF-101 "Voodoo", Vietnam War

BlueBookGuy

Hello,

I am no aviation expert and never collected pilot equipements but I have to admit that this display is simply amazing, as usual should I say B)

Thanks !

E

• 5 years later...
BlueBookGuy

hello, 

just made some more pics with better definition and lighting at this guy.  Anyway a better result than those made years ago.

002.jpg.c45bf10beb67fc6d2c6d28017b381669.jpg

1248594097_003-Copia.jpg.19476e21ff42a21f823976d110a41fd3.jpg

583892778_004-Copia.jpg.26a84180ca7734cd8bee28c97382925b.jpg

BlueBookGuy

Thaanx for appreciating Owen,

yes some years back then were needed   -  in current times it would be different as for some aspects of gathering the stuff, or maybe not...  who does know. Anyway one of the most difficult to be put together, only another jet age pilot has been a more lengthy matter, it's a high-altitude Soviet interceptor in stratospheric attire. Would like very much showing it but it's out of topic and of course, non-US item.

BlueBookGuy

@Paul, always too kind  -  thanx very much.

Curiously this K-2B flight suit (here being at the edge of phasing out in US servicing as the newer Nomex-made CWU-27/P will start arriving in 1969)  started being license-made about 1967 by Roma-located, italian 'Giusti' firm   -   98% the same thing. One difference, in the Italian item the light grey colour never changed through about 13 - 14 years while the US-made one has passed thruogh many shades of different hues.

Here the K-2B suit on my italian F-104 guy. Aside for a German-made Life Vest, all the rest is either straight from the USA or Italian-made after US patterns.

008_(1).jpg.baf8cd6407a74f9e7320b3a4eef09417.jpg

Thaanx for appreciating Owen,
yes some years back then were needed   -  in current times it would be different as for some aspects of gathering the stuff, or maybe not...  who does know. Anyway one of the most difficult to be put together, only another jet age pilot has been a more lengthy matter, it's a high-altitude Soviet interceptor in stratospheric attire. Would like very much showing it but it's out of topic and of course, non-US item.

Put that on the sister forum

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...