West Coast Historical Military Collector's Show...May 9, 10 2014

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll be there...my first one in a couple years!

Only a weak society needs government protection or intervention before it pursues its resolve to preserve the truth. Truth needs neither handcuffs nor a badge for its vindication. -Supreme Court Justice Anthony Kennedy

Peace is not the absence of war, but the defense of hard-won freedom. -Anton LaGuardia

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gif

donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif
donation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

I'll be there, heading down late Thursday night... Still working on embezzling funds so I can buy out Vintage Productions! Bob does so much for the hobby that I want to make sure he has a good show. :lol:

Glad to see Robert is going to make it.

Tom K
USMC (VMFA-115) 90 - 96
ASMIC Member
OVMS member (ready for my 16th SOS in 2019)

donation2016.gifdonation2015.gif

donation2014.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2012.gif

Well...the riker mounts are filled, the bins are filled, the groupings are packed, and most importantly....the new camera is ready to go.

See you guys tomorrow for load-in....if you see me, stop by and say hi.

Philip

Actively Seeking:

WW2 USN/USMC Attributed/Named Purple Heart Groups

WW2 USN/USMC Combat Aviation Groups

WW2 and Prior USN/USMC Medal Groups

Contact me if you have something

donation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gif

Bummer - I've got a foot problem that will keep me away unless someone has a Segway they can lend me :)

For those of you in Southern California who've never been to this show - or haven't been in a long time - it is so worth a visit even if you have no desire to buy anything (but bring cash for those impulse buys just in case...).

This show is only once a year now, but it is bigger than either of the twice-a-year shows were. Also, note that on Friday it opens to the public at 10AM instead of 1PM as was the case before (they do a dealer load-in now on Thursday to make that earlier opening possible).

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gif

donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

donation2017.gif

donation2018.gifdonation2019.gif

donation2019.gif

Leaving in an hour....can't wait to see the great stuff for sale.

donation2011.gifdonation2012.gif

donation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gifdonation2017.gifdonation2018.gif

Never lose sight of the fact that the most important yardstick of your success will be how you treat other people - your family, friends, and coworkers, and even strangers you meet along the way.

Guys - I can't get there till Saturday morning. Please leave some of the good deals there for me... LOL ;)

Only a weak society needs government protection or intervention before it pursues its resolve to preserve the truth. Truth needs neither handcuffs nor a badge for its vindication. -Supreme Court Justice Anthony Kennedy

Peace is not the absence of war, but the defense of hard-won freedom. -Anton LaGuardia

Yes, nobody sell any WWII USMC items until Saturday, Thanks! :rolleyes:

LF

I collect items from The Battle of Iwo Jima (1945).

Top Iwo Jima Items I'm Looking For:

1) IDed 5th MarDiv Corpsman Jumper or Forest Green Coat.

2) IDed Coast Guard Navy Jumper

3) IDed CB's Sea Bee's Navy Jumper

4) IDed 147th Infantry Regiment Army Service Coat

5) IDed 32nd ID Army Service Coat (Occupation Kyushu with 5th MarDiv).

I am always looking for named and dated WWII USMC Forest Green wool alpha jackets/coats from the 5th Marine Division or other units who participated in the battle.

My Blog "Marines In Forest Green" http://marinesinfore...n.blogspot.com/

The car is packed and getting ready to leave...see you guys there.

Philip

Actively Seeking:

Good first day of the show....have seen some great items on display and for sale. Even made a few purchases...

If you are coming to the show, feel free to stop by and say hello....I am set-up at tables 1208 - 1209. I have a variety of groupings, medals, patches, field gear, and uniforms.

Philip

Actively Seeking:

Philip, Robert, Bob Pierce, and I are all set up in the same area. I also have some of pointed cuffs and colonel's cache items at my table. You get 6 forum members for the price of one...

Good show so far. Sold a bunch of bulky stuff. Still plenty of China and WWII USMC items at the show.

Tom K
USMC (VMFA-115) 90 - 96
ASMIC Member
OVMS member (ready for my 16th SOS in 2019)

donation2016.gifdonation2015.gif

donation2014.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2012.gif

Great show!!! Even I found something to buy (rare for me!)

Look forward to the next one!

Good show for buying, selling, and meeting forum members. Was set up next to Robert and Trooper Bob as well as Tom....so it was a good time and a chance to chat with friends. Found some items, even a few things for my collection, and saw some friends get some nice stuff too.

I will post the photos tomorrow from the show.

Philip

Actively Seeking: