An FOB Jalalabad patch

Patchcollector

Patchcollector

Hi all,

Here is a recent pick up,a 2011 FOB Jalalabad piece.I think it is theatre made.It does'nt appear to be specific to a unit,so I'm guessing it is a novelty patch to commemorate a troops' time there.

post-13386-0-48401100-1394082586.jpg

Yeah that's what that looks like, but cool nonetheless. Weird that it's FOB JBad, JBad is a very large airfield and I don't think it's ever been a "fob". However, does not mean the patch maker needed to know this. Half of the stuff that comes out of there is spelled wrong and all, it's really quite good for the area, great modern find, never seen that variant

Patchcollector

Yes I saw that photo when doing some research.What a traffic jam. :o I would'nt want to be caught in that during a war. :blink:

I also found this well written blog with some nice pics here:

http://wiremaninafghanistan.blogspot.com/2012_02_01_archive.html

firefighter

Thanks Uber.Yeah I think that the FOB there is named Fenty.

It FOB FENTY.But that FOB is near Jalalabad.Maybe this was an early one.Maybe it was renamed FOB Fenty?

Patchcollector

I thought the same thing too FF,and I was online trying to find out when it was named Fenty but couldn't find that info.
I did find this blog entry though.I think that Fenty and Jalalabad are both referred to as FOB by some,and perhaps like Uber stated,the patch maker in this instance used Jalalabad.

Here is the blog entry:

"I went to Fenty/Jalalabad FOB yesterady. I kind of like saying Jalalabad, kind of ties my tongue in a know! It was 118 degrees at 2:00pm. The picture below is the entry way from the run way. If you google Fenty Army Base you will see that there are tons of pictures of drones. That is all I can say about that! The flights getting just about anywhere on military planes departs really early in the morning. My flight down left at 4:00AM. The flight back today left at 4:30. You have to show up around 2 hours before flight time. The flights are all "Space A" (space available). That means you could get stuck at a location for days! "

Here is a pic from the blog showing the front gate of the base:

post-13386-0-10999100-1394160068.jpg

• 3 years later...