My Dad Passed Away-Need Help With his Dress Blues USMC

uplandmod

Please post updates to your progress on getting the items you need. I regret that my modern items are too small. I agree that the Marine Corps League would be an excellent resource. Hang in there, brother and Semper Fi. Bryan

Sorry to hear about your unexpected loss.

Whether expected or not, it's never any easier.

I hope you can find peace with it and know that he is truly in a better place.

Good luck on your quest for uniform items.. I am sure you will get what you need.

-Brian

Thank you everyone for your condolences concerning my father.

Although he didn't visit this site, I did show him many of the great USMC items that were shown here.

He was also happy that I was able to display his helmet here. I read him every comment about it.

His favorite was the Civil War USMC medal, he was in awe!

I have found most all the items, as some items turned up while we were going through his items.

I'm just missing a good sized Dress Blues jacket and pants.

Kaiser Bills is closed today so I will head out tomorrow.

I tried Monrovia Surplus but they were out.

If all else fails, I'll drive down to San Diego to GI Joes Surplus.

Thank you everyone for your kind wishes and thoughts.

At a later date I will post all his items here for reference.

On behalf of our family, Thank you again!

LF

Anyone here retired military in LA or is (or knows a jarhead) at Camp Pendelton that could help this guy out?

At this point you'd probably do fine by checking the rack at the clothing sales on post, you'd just need someone with an ID to purchase for you. Normally I wouldn't recommend this, but since it's to bury a Marine in, I think the use of the exchange priveledge would be acceptable. If I were closer to you I'd gladly meet you and take care of this.

Try Craigslist...or your local surplus stores

Any west coast Marines should be able to hit up the PX on your behalf. I would love to do it, but I have a 24 hour duty tomorrow in the field and the uniform store on Geiger is closed Saturdays. By time I got to Lejeune and to the post office, there's a good chance the package wouldn't be enroute until Monday...and I'm all the way on the east coast, would be cutting it close

Also, check pawn shops

Just spoke with a friend who used to be at Pendleton - he said there are tons of places in Oceanside that should have new/used blues right outside the gate. Worth a shot, if nothing else someone in the local Marine Corps League is sure to have a retirment card and access to the exchange on post.

Thank you everyone,

Yes we are working with one of the Posts at Camp Pendleton yesterday and this morning.

We should have a uniform very soon.

Thank you everyone for your suggestions.

It was one of my Fathers Wishes that he be buried in a Dress Blues so we are very happy to fulfill his wishes.

Thank you everyone, you have all been wonderful and helpful.

Leonardo Flores

My deepest condolences Leonardo, the loss of a parent is very difficult. I applaude all your efforts in trying to honor his wishes. Good luck and may your Dad rest in peace and with honour.

Rick

suwanneetrader

Leonardo: So sorry for your loss. When I buried my old Marine Dad in 1980 it was difficult. I remember that at the funeral home I kept running my fingers thru his crew cut as that was all that still felt like my Dad. He was buried with "his boots on" and his Marine emblem ring. Remember the good times - a Dad's love and support is priceless. Richard

He should be able to have military honors rendered at his funeral, being discharged, I believe it is guaranteed that at least 2 personnel, at least 1 of which being his branch of service, can be present to render these honors. I think the funeral director would be able to arrange it, or point you to the proper channels

Thank you everyone for your suggestions, will bring up those topics at the funeral Home today.

LF

so sorry to hear about this, You can always check a local recrtuiters office, they always have extras laying around and Im sure wiuld be glad to help.

He should be able to have military honors rendered at his funeral, being discharged, I believe it is guaranteed that at least 2 personnel, at least 1 of which being his branch of service, can be present to render these honors. I think the funeral director would be able to arrange it, or point you to the proper channels

Yes this is true.

There were two Sailors at my Grandfather's burial.. this was arranged through the funeral home.

-Brian