Hollywood Portrayals Of Actual Military Figures

seanmc1114

Amelia Earhart, who received the Distinguished Flying Cross for her aviation exploits, portrayed by Diane Keaton in "Amelia Earhart: The Final Flight", Amy Adams in "Night At The Museum: Battle Of The Smithsonian" and Hilary Swank in "Amelia".

post-1761-0-00099500-1394113919.jpg

post-1761-0-89836500-1394113927.jpg

post-1761-0-73271600-1394113937.jpg

Fred MacMurry as Eddie Rickenbacker in "Captain Eddie"

Never heard of that one. Is it any good? I remember reading his biography in elementary school.

world war I nerd

He seanmc1114

I never saw it. I ran across a poster for while Goggling Eddie Rickenbacker. It was made in 1945.

Gene Hackman as General George Crook in "Geronimo"

post-5143-0-50045700-1394118158.jpg

Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto portrayed by So Yamamuru (L) in "Tora! Tora! Tora!" and by Toshiro Mifune ® in "Midway"

post-1761-0-83981000-1394120404.jpg

Thanks for posting the two women in this thread. It really is a huge shame that no movies have been made about the women who have served in wars since the American Revolution. I have read some amazing books about women in WWII, Korea, and Vietnam that would make excellent movies! What about the nurses who served on the front lines in the book "And if I Perish"? What about the nurses who were prisoner of war in the Pacific in the book "We Band of Angels"? What about the WASPS who served and were never considered part of the military? When they died in the line of duty, their families got nothing while the families of men who died doing the same thing got so many benefits.

I could go on and on but it is just sad that these women are basically forgotten to history........Kat

I suppose someone could try and put up pics of Lena Basilone and the actress who played her in The Pacific. Maybe even Milla Jovovich as Joan of Arc in The Messenger? That would add a couple more women... Scott.