USAF F-86 fighter pilot

Sabrejet

Nice to see the pictures too.I was going to add the A14 oxygen masks were often used and your photo shows one quite clearly.

Note the O2 masks carefully placed inside the helmets, circa '61 (that's an F-89 Scorpion in the background)

class-61d-class-61d-ro-james-meyers-nj-l

Nice helmet Ian, condition is really cool! You should now, installed a mic inside a mask.

Cheers,

Jerry

Thanks Jerry. Funny you should say that...I currently have a line on just such a mic! ;)

Very nice Ian. The photos you found are great too! One of those decorated/painted versions would be cool to have!

JD

Thank JD...yeah...I wish!! :)

Nice helmet set and historic picture's .. I've been looking for ages for a clean P-1 .. I have a real clean and complete P-4 , but straight unmodified P-1's are sure hard to come by .. I'll post a pic soon of my P-4 .. ( just had to buy a new computer , and haven't got all my stock pic's pulled off the old one , yet. ) ... Mike / Cepilot

Does anyone make repo decals for the P-1 helmet? I bought a cracked one years ago glued it back together, filled the crack, stripped and repainted it. I used to wear it to play jet pilot. They had cans of spray paint over fifty years ago so the paint is well aged. I made all of fifty cents a week so I didn't pay very much for it.

Sweet set up and photos. You really do need the mic for the O2 mask to complete the set. That will be up and coming, I'm sure.