SOG? Unmarked Randall? @ auction?

lovnik

Look good to me!

I would say sterile Iron Guard with all the correct "markings" from the period. Black spacers, reddish tint (plum color) to the pommel and hand guard, no grinding to the blade. Straight sided sheath.

-Im wondering if this is the one that was at the SoS.

Regards

Martin

Has some good characteristics with the spacers but would want to see it in hand and look the Scabbard over closer.Not quite like the Atlanta Cutlery ones.Just saying these Iron guards I like to have a better in hand look at.

If you can believe it I knew a guy who would age and add spacers to the old repros

-Im wondering if this is the one that was at the SoS.

How was the SoS? I sent a couple things with a buddy to sell for me, the things I wanted to sell, sold and the things I wanted to have returned to me did so. :) I was unable to make it, had a treatment that Friday...

In regards to this SOG, it looks right IMHO, but I would lean on Doyler & Spy vs Spy on this one, iirc that's their specialty area...

It really has some good points.Im no expert.Still learning.one of these days I may even be house broke.:-)

There are scabbard variations as well.Stone looks right but these were easily lost or broken.

Some of these just speak to you others I like to be up close too.Looks like its doing well at auction.

Why do you suggest a Randall?

There's just something about the handle of this weapon that suggested it to me. SOG blad (re)fitted into a Randall handle? In any case, it's getting lots of attention with 27 bids, 51 watchers, and 4 days, 5 hours until the hammer falls.

Whatever it is, it's a darned nice (and mean) lookin' blade, one I'd love to have for myself, but it looks to be headed for a final hammer price high above the clouds.

SOG knives will always bring good money :) This one is in nice condition and should do well over 1K.

Regards

M

That blade is not re-fitted into a Randall handle gents :)

Just my 2 cent.

Regards

Martin

Agreed,not aRadall handle refitted.

kriegsmodell

Nice original unmarked SOG with correct sheath and stone. Not a thing wrong with it in my opinion.

And as already stated, nothing Randall about this .....

ludwigh1980

Me too, sure had a lot of positive comment posted by others on the ebay page. Nice piece for a SOG knife. I thought it would jump up a bit more for all the activity.

I agree with M - marked wrong from the beginning. I only found out about this knife from this forum rather than through my usual ebay search methods, so for a lot of people looking for a good early SOG, it just didn't show up on their radar.

CG

He relisted it today stating what it was for $1995 BIN so it didn't really sell the other day. My guess is foreign buyer can't ship to or shilling.

He relisted it today stating what it was for $1995 BIN so it didn't really sell the other day. My guess is foreign buyer can't ship to or shilling.

You got it, seller told me the winning bidder was in France.