Raven early woodland Goretex -- anything special?

cscmc1

I found this today in a thrift store:

1-front.jpg

2_back.jpg

ankles.jpg

fly.jpg

tag_back.jpg

tag_censored.jpg

Could it be one of those early ECWS goretexes? Also what does "MAWP" stand for?

Interestingly it has "SEAL TEAM" written on the tag, but unfortunately no number.

Is it safe to post the tag with the name uncensored?

Could it be one of those early ECWS goretexes? Also what does "MAWP" stand for?

Interestingly it has "SEAL TEAM" written on the tag, but unfortunately no number.

Is it safe to post the tag with the name uncensored?

I don't believe its early so much as it is a lighter weight style for special ops, the so-called COMBAT RAIN SUITS.

• 2 years later...

Picking up on this older thread as I am researching several Adventure Tech and one Adventure Tech-like LW gore-tex rain suits I acquired over the years. Photos can be posted when I return home but there are several woodland pattern, woodland reversible to DCU, DCU with tan interior (not reversible), and several DCU reversible to night camo. As I recall, all the AT's have the original AT label shown earlier in this thread (pre-acquisition by Propper) by sfog813, and the fabric zip tab pulls with "ADVENTURE TECH" written on them varied in style. As I recall the storm flap snaps were concealed (and difficult to unsnap). The pockets varied as well as I recall, most flaps being triangular in shape, not scalloped, and with an exposed snap closure. On the pants, the cuffs were elastic for blousing and could be tightened with a pair of snaps. Waists had drawstrings with clamps and no flys as I recall. Top-side entry to pants underneath but no pockets per se in the pants.

Rumor back in the day was that these were available to serving military for purchase in PX's as an alternative to the issue LW rainsuits, and that SOF favored them, with specific reference to Navy SEALS. Don't know if any of this was true or urban legend, though several early posts suggest it's legit.

SFOG, Mr. Hudson and others, your posts were full of interesting details and what I am hoping is that we can renew and expand on the history of these AT and like garments beyond the rumors, including when they became available (2003-2004, even 2000 seems possibly late in the game), when they died out (probably with changeover from DCU & woodland, and with Propper buying out Adventue Tech then dropping it altogether), who used them, did they make it to PMCs like Blackwater, etc. I know all is possible but seeking specific experience and known references or photo evidence.

1 hour ago, Slobo said:

SOF favored them, with specific reference to Navy SEALS. Don't know if any of this was true or urban legend, though several early posts suggest it's legit.

These are obscure items, but I think we've gathered together here evidence they were unit purchases for SEALS and other SF and some were evaluated by non-SF units. 

Here's the lot mine came in - this was direct from a retired SEAL and it shows not only the extent of special purchase gear but also what kind of gear it was contemporary to: 

• 1 year later...

Drew Carey in Afghanistan -- not guy to Drew's lewft in AdventureTech or similar LW goretex reversible DCU/night camo jacket:

army in afghan w- drew carey -AdventurTech LW goretx reversible jacket to his left - several in fleeces and numerous fleece hats.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Apologies for the typos in the post above. Interesting background on the Adventure Tech company here: https://punisher.com.ua/en/adventure-tech-ili-poymay-menya-esli-smozhesh/

Includes this tidbit of info: "Adventure Tech's delicate equipment sales represented mail-order sales (cataloging through mail). According to Abrams, 95% of all equipment produced was sold at the request of the US Department of Defense. The remaining 5% went to other government agencies such as the National Park Service, the US Bureau of Territorial Management, and others."