KIA Iwo Jima, PFC Frank E. Holec USMC-R

American Heritage

• 4 years later...

Hi - I am reaching out to 'American Heritage' because I recently came across this post from 2014 re your collection of various military artifacts from a PVC Frank E. Holec.  That Frank Holec happened to be my uncle.  Of course, I had never met him but when I saw his photo show up on this website, I knew it was him from seeing his photo in my mother and grandmother's homes all my life.  I grew up in Yakima, where he did as well, but I no longer live there, however I am still in Washington State.  I have no interest in your collection, but would love to know anything more you can share.  I was so surprised by your postings that I had to join this website and thread in order to hopefully contact you. I am amazed at how extensive your collection is.  I've learned a lot about my uncle from reading your posts. Please reply if you have time.  I would love to hear from you.  Linda

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 9 months later...

Good morning! I wanted to post that I now have Holec’s M41 in my collection, which will be used at the school I teach at for education purposes and to continue the legacy of paramarines during WWII.

Zach