Pineapple Grenade Fuze

byf41

I just aquired this Fuze and was hoping someone could tell me if its an original WWII ordinance fuze and for what application . I noticed the Z in Fuze is backwards which bothers me . Opinions please .

TheGrayGhost

Yes, that would be what is inside the silver tube. The primer is what sets of the explosive inside the grenade body. Most are gone, but it is usually easy to tell if they are as the tube is cracked, swollen or burned. Yours looked fairly pristine, that is why I asked.

Looking again I see that it's one of Eastman Kodak's backward "z" fuses ( FUzE M20A 2....) I got one few years back!

The fuze is gone.The striker which is under the handle on a coil spring will be held in the open position by the handle/lever/spoon.When the pin is pulled the coiled spring is under pressure and this pressure is what makes the handle fly off in turn letting the striker hit an ignition

Primer in the head of the assembly igniting the friction fuze.

Dirt Detective

Not sure what the primer is . Is that the piece that usually extends from the tube ? Its gone on this one .

The lower part that is missing is called the detonator..on some fuzes you will see little pieces of remains.

This fuze and spoon is right as rain..nice example. :) Some people think the backward fuze is a little rarer.

Heres a couple more views . Detonator is gone but I know what youre talking about as Ive seen that piece before . I was happy to obtain this one as is and was hoping it was the real deal and for ordinance as opposed to a practice grenade or something of that nature . Thanks for youre help guys .

I just aquired this Fuze and was hoping someone could tell me if its an original WWII ordinance fuze and for what application . I noticed the Z in Fuze is backwards which bothers me . Opinions please .

I don't mean to be a jerk but there is no "i" in ordnance.

Ordinance is what the city uses to keep people from trashing their property.

Ordnance is what the army uses to break things and kill people.

Dirt Detective

I don't mean to be a jerk but there is no "i" in ordnance.

Ordinance is what the city uses to keep people from trashing their property.

Ordnance is what the army uses to break things and kill people.

Thank god for that post :wacko: and remember dont run with scissors you might poke your eye out.