SOS 2014 Photos - for those of us not as fortunate...

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I only recognize Philip's mom :)

She was a trooper flying across country on a bad knee and i guess she took a lot of photos

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gif
donation2010.gifdonation2011.gifdonation2012.gif

!!!!! Wanted!!!!!!!

USMC Chosin Reservoir Medal Groups

Cross Groupings: Distinguished Service Cross, Navy Cross, and Distinguished Flying Cross Medal Groups

I do not know Pete...the guy seated looks like he is trying to beg a chicken wing off somebody...

Or a pork sandwich

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gif
donation2010.gifdonation2011.gifdonation2012.gif

!!!!! Wanted!!!!!!!

USMC Chosin Reservoir Medal Groups

Cross Groupings: Distinguished Service Cross, Navy Cross, and Distinguished Flying Cross Medal Groups

Hi

Well we are still in Louisville packing our bags ready for our flight tomorrow.

I am just hoping the snow doesn't mess everything up too much...

I have had an amazing trip, no dout the best show in the world, great people, great stuff and a great location.

I have managed to pick up some very cool D-day/Normandy groupings, so i am well chuffed.

Regards

Tom

THE OVERLORD COLLECTION

a virtual museum at theoverlordcollection.co.uk

www.m-1helmets.co.uk

donation2013.gifdonation2014.gif

Where the real SOS action occurs ....swapping medals in the hotel room.

We did the same thing in a room at the Springhill Suites... only it was something more interesting, it was helmets. B)

"There is no such thing as an expert, only students with different levels of education."
donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gif
donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif
donation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

I think you ought to patent the medals magnet or whatever it is you use to find all these great named medals. Outstanding!

Looking for items from the 38th Infantry Regiment

Feel free to read/leave For Sale section feedback: CLICK HERE

ASMIC: 5218

"Live for something rather than die for nothing."

-General George S. Patton Jr.

We did the same thing in a room at the Springhill Suites... only it was something more interesting, it was helmets. B)

Waiting to see that photo!

donation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gif

This crowd has gone deadly silent, a Cinderella story outta nowhere. Former greenskeeper and now about to become the masters champion....Carl Spackler

Waiting to see that photo!

It's on Paul's camera and he wasn't supposed to be back in the Netherlands until today so, we'rejust waiting on him to post. However, I'm not sure I want anyone to see my break from U.S. helmets. :o

"There is no such thing as an expert, only students with different levels of education."
donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gif
donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif
donation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

One of the best things that I did was to meet Hershel W. Williams MOH awarded on IWO JIMA. 3rd Marines I thought that was the best talking to him He was a great man to meet..My friend also had his dog tag,Its picture is on the table below. He could not remember when he lost it or gave it away.He did say he only had one left and was brass like the one my friend had.

Nick

post-421-0-96345000-1393801551.jpg

donation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

Collecting Marine Raider Groups

On the battlefield, Pfc Edward Ahrens, an Able Company BAR man, lay dying, soaked in his own blood.

As his company commander, Lew Walt cradled him in his arms, he surveyed the scene around them. Nearby lay a Japanese officer, a sergeant, and thirteen enlisted men, all dead. Ahrens had been shot twice in the chest and bayoneted three times. He whispered to Walt, "Captain, they tried to come over me last night, but I don't think they made it." Choking back tears, Walt replied softly, "They didn't, Eddy. They didn't."

Here are a few of the named medals I made it home with...I sold about half what I bought at the show...

attachicon.gif2009-01-01 032.JPG

attachicon.gif2009-01-01 005.JPG

attachicon.gif2009-01-01 009.JPG

B-26 Pilot KIA in Korean War...

attachicon.gif2009-01-01 010.JPG

attachicon.gif2009-01-01 011.JPG

It was a busy show...bought lots of smalls...here are a couple of pieces...

attachicon.gif2009-01-01 017.JPG

Ohh! The horror of not being able to attend!

WWII-KW
Uniforms, Insignia, SSIs, Badges, Medals, Ribbons

It's on Paul's camera and he wasn't supposed to be back in the Netherlands until today so, we'rejust waiting on him to post. However, I'm not sure I want anyone to see my break from U.S. helmets. :o

"I HEAR NOTHING, I SEE NOTHING, I KNOW NOTHING!"

Just a hint, Please;

post-33000-0-80373900-1393802892.jpg

USMC 2/2 Fox Co 0311 & 1st Recon Bn Delta Co. 0321. 1986 - 1995 (Desert Storm 90/91)

US Army Long Range Surveillance Co F 425th INF ABN LRS Team 1-6 2003 - 2005 (Iraqi Freedom 03/04)

donation2011.gifdonation2012.gifdonation2013.gif

donation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

"I HEAR NOTHING, I SEE NOTHING, I KNOW NOTHING!"

Just a hint, Please;

images.jpg

What happens in Louisville, stays in Louisville...unless it gets posted on the internet

This crowd has gone deadly silent, a Cinderella story outta nowhere. Former greenskeeper and now about to become the masters champion....Carl Spackler

I just got home and luckily had no weather delays. I regret not taking any photos that can be posted (as Sparty-on mentioned, what happens in Louisville...).

For those who did not attend, you have to understand that this show is completely overwhelming and both dealers and attendees are doing their best just to see it all. The photo taking does get lost in the mix. Some dealers do get a bit fussy if you take photos of their tables. I don't know why but that is their right. As Bugme said, you just have to get there to experience it. It's like trying to photograph the Grand Canyon.

I will say that I had a blast with the helmet guys and met a bunch of first time SoSers from the forum. Way too many to name but at times, our table seemed like forum HQ. I think Sgtdorango was trying to corner the USMC and Airborne helmet market!

Tom K
USMC (VMFA-115) 90 - 96
ASMIC Member
OVMS member (ready for my 16th SOS in 2019)

donation2016.gifdonation2015.gif

donation2014.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2012.gif

I feel like the kid who missed Christmas! :huh:

Have to go next year.

I am a kid who missed this "Christmas" :lol:

D

WWII-KW
Uniforms, Insignia, SSIs, Badges, Medals, Ribbons

Here are a few of the named medals I made it home with...I sold about half what I bought at the show...

Awesome campaign medals tarbridge! Really like your WWI Silver Star grouping too! Glad everyone had a good time will definitely have to make it there one of these days.

Also was there much Coast Artillery stuff for sale?

donation2013.gifdonation2015.gif

Looking for: Washington and Oregon Coast Artillery items

Any items related to the Harbor Defenses of the Columbia River and the Harbor Defenses of Puget Sound, 1860s-WWII. This includes items from Fort Stevens, OR; Ft Canby, WA; Ft Columbia, WA; Ft Worden, WA; Ft Casey, WA; Ft Flagler, WA; Ft Ward, WA; Ft Whitman, WA; Camp Hayden, WA; and the following units that served at these forts:
Columbia River: 33rd, 34th, 93rd, and 160th Companies, CAC; and 18th and 249th Coast Artillery regiments
Puget Sound: 26th, 30th, 62nd, 63rd, 71st, 85th, 92nd, 94th, 106th, 108th, 126th, 149th, and 150th Companies, CAC; and 14th and 248th Coast Artillery regiments

Coast Defense Study Group member & site representative for the Columbia River forts

ASMIC member

This is where the thread will get very picture heavy, here are photos of the SOS. My mother wanted to get a look at the show and she took my camera, apparently she got around quite a bit!

It was nice to meet USMF members there, I was able to meet many and all were great folks. There were some great items there, I hope these photos can show some of the quality pieces.

Here we go:

Philip

post-25965-0-74367200-1393815549.jpg

Actively Seeking:

WW2 USN/USMC Attributed/Named Purple Heart Groups

WW2 USN/USMC Combat Aviation Groups

WW2 and Prior USN/USMC Medal Groups

Contact me if you have something